Hi Ofner's

Pete Maina

Hi all,

The new board here looks great! Just wanted to drop in here and say hi. Had a good late fall ... cleaned the boat out this morning and getting after the winterizing (what a mess; simple astounding how much gear a muskie freak can cram in a 21 foot Tracker ... on top of some other surprises, I found I had nearly 4 dozen Power Bars, several bags/cans of nuts and one unidentified object that I think was dropped with a "fish-on" alert). Finished with a good muskie show for The Next Bite last week, and just returned last night from final open water show with GIllespie. Great way to end, as a tough day, but our one and only bite was a 52.

And, as I pulled the boat in the garage, noticed a delivery with perfect timing - my new Jiffy ice auger had arrived. Starting Saturday, it's after the deer ... in evenings string some tip-ups and look forward to ice in December.

Hope all had a great fall!

Pete

Guest mistyriver1

Welcome to the new site Pete.

Myself and my boys enjoy your show alot.

My older son does a good imitation of your quote

"Nice fish boy.....tell you what...that was fun"

B) I also can't wait for the hard water! :D Good luck with the deer, they are EVERYWHERE around here, I have seen at least a half dozen everyday on my 35 minute commute. Lots of nice 6 point or better bucks, and more turkeys than I can count.

I love The Show Pete, lots of good advice and techniques for locating and catching quality Muskies, Pike and 'eyes!

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words all :thumbsup_anim: I do appreciate the "welcome" here :worthy:

Ha ha ... that's cool Mistyriver.

Oh I know there's still time Gman. But fall's so darn confusing: sooooo many fun things to do it's just completely disturbing to me that some of it can't be moved to March/April. FYI that deer season here is more than just an event (with my family in particular) ... the world stops for deer season ... I recall one time I did tell dad was going to take a day off from deer season to fish ... a completely bewildered look, tears ... just can't do that to him again.

Hey Joey ... how'd you get in that cooler? Is the cooler deal something to get back at the suspended fish?

Again, thanks for kind words on the show and all ...

TJ, think you're on the wrong post friend ... "Mr." ... ?

Pete

Just wondering... is this the REAL Pete Maina?

Sure is, Herc... :thumbsup_anim:

Welcome to the new board, Pete. I'm also surprised you're puttin' away the Tracker so early, but I guess since you like the Deer now, it's not so painful... ;)

Good luck on the ice....going way up north again this year for Monster Pike??

Hi,

Up early here getting prepped for the "up early" routine tomorrow.

Yeah, I think I'm the real Pete Maina. I'd look in the mirror too be sure, but hate to scare myself this time of day.

Hope folks that can, will check out the GIllespie show that runs next week. The 52 was a horse (thankfully, it didn't poop in the boat like the others).

Hope those who can will be watching our Next Bite TV ... and those of you who don't get our The Next Bite - Esox Angler magazine ... do you know what Santa's highest-recommended holiday gift is? :santa: We've got great info on walleyes, pike and muskies. Of course Sandy (hi there) is a regular writer now too - and much appreciated. Mice? Yikes.

Actually Bill, sounds as though will be heading up north for big pike again ... also hopefully Devils Lake first ice. Yup, Tracker is going to be officially put to bed in the garage later today ... a little sad ... but deers and ice fishing ain't bad.

Pete

Pete, Your guys show is deffinitely a ...... :thumbsup_anim:

Someone had their hat on straight,

the day they figured a 24hr fishing show would work.

Way too much BC an Oz content at other times for my liking.

Hey Pete,

On your show intro........

I get a blast out of the cast you make whilst looking the opposite direction.....

...was that done on purpose?...Too cool man!

Best of luck with the bucks.....

BTW..glad you made it to the new board.