Spinnerbait recommendations

BrianV

I am thinking of picking up some spinnerbaits to see if they will break my 'skunked' streak. I haven't tried them yet, but I think doing something different may be what I need.

Which ones seem to produce well for you? I fish in both murky and clear water. I would like something that works well at night, too.

Just bumping to get more input.

I checked out the Northam site, and I like the look of their gear - I may order some.

I've never heard of Northam before. Does anyone know anything about them? Have people had success with their gear?

Save up your money and be sure to only buy T-1 Spinnerbaits from Terminator lures. No I'm not sponsored by them or anything :lol:

You can literally catch hundreds of fish and they won't bend out of shape or break apart. There is nothing better on the market in my opinion.

http://terminatorlures.com/

T_02_.jpg

Tony

P.S. There may be other companies that have caught on to using 'Titanium' wire instead of the old steel wire. The key is quality, make sure to buy baits that use ball-bearing swivels to attach the blade. Another thing to look for is, the eye where you tie your line to, should not be twisted closed to form an eyelet, you want to tie direct to your spinnerbaits.

For Bass Pike etc I use the Booyah Blade (CTC $5)or the Tux N Tails ones, Chartreuse/white or white. Like both willow and tandem style. For BIG toothy Critters I use 1-1.5 OZ ones but they are getting hard to find the quality ones. Gonna start making my own this winter if I don't find a new supply soon.

Whatever ones you use...toss'em out & start reeling them in BEFORE they hit the water. That way the blades are going at the splash. You will find that most strikes will be in the 1st few feet.

I always add some sort of plastic creature to mine...shad/pogygrub. Something different from everyone else. I' certain that EVERY fish out there has seen at least one spinnerbait, so it pays to make it "different".

Spinnerbait is usually first thing I toss.

FT

p refer strink kings and boo-yaa spinner baits both produce a great thumpping action and are available in a great selection of colours like white and white, and when you donate one to a log or ski there not priced high wenough to break the bank, if money isn't a object then titanium baits are the way to go, they pop back into shape eveb after a ski takes a chomp on one

I'm a big fan of the Northam Fishing Spinnerbaits.

I've had great success with the Perch colour, but on some days, any colours will work.

If you send Frank an email introduction, and mention that Bassman told you about his products, he might throw in an extra lure with your order.

I have personally used many brands of spinnerbaits ranging from $1 - $12, and Northam's are my favorites.

Good Luck!

Save up your money and be sure to only buy T-1 Spinnerbaits from Terminator lures. No I'm not sponsored by them or anything :lol:

You can literally catch hundreds of fish and they won't bend out of shape or break apart. There is nothing better on the market in my opinion.

http://terminatorlures.com/

T_02_.jpg

Tony

P.S. There may be other companies that have caught on to using 'Titanium' wire instead of the old steel wire. The key is quality, make sure to buy baits that use ball-bearing swivels to attach the blade. Another thing to look for is, the eye where you tie your line to, should not be twisted closed to form an eyelet, you want to tie direct to your spinnerbaits.

Ditto :thumbsup_anim:

Hard to beat white or white/chart. There are so many good spinnerbaits on the market now, that shopping for price is a legit way to go. I used the new Daiwas this summer and like them: slightly more compact and high-quality components. If you're just starting, save yourself some $ and decision-making grief and get a few white ones with different blade combos - willow/willow, willow/colorado and at least one single colorado. IMHO, blade configuration is more of a factor than colour. You can mix-up the colour by using different colour trailers/grubs on the white sbaits.

Hope your luck improves and I use a brown and yellow with gold spinners and a good squirt of scent . The lake I fish most of the time is heavy weed and this works well for me. I fish late in the day so you may want to go with a brighter color for afternoon . One thing I keep meaning to do is pour the scent into a plastic container and start dipping my lure because about 90% goes in the water and sure as &^% if there is a little wind all over the boat and me!

Good luck

Thank you for the good feedback all. You've given me tons of suggestions to look into - thanks also for the strategy tips (trailer hook, reeling in before hitting the water).

Perhaps this will change my luck. I'll find out once I get out fishing again (2nd weekend of October...)