LSC Musky Action (pic loaded)

Zib

I’m not one for trolling because I find it can be a bit boring at times, the fish are usually half wore down from being dragged so it’s more like reeling in dead weight most of the time, and I don’t think it’s as challenging as casting for them. Plus I have bad luck when it comes to trolling, not that I get skunked but when it’s my turn at the rod (doesn’t matter what order I’m in to take the rod) I ALWAYS end up catching the smaller fish while everyone else pulls in the lunkers. I think I’m cursed when it comes to trolling.

I went trolling for musky in Lake St. Clair today on Dennis’s boat along with his brother Tim & Adam. These are guys that I met online through the Lake St. Clair fishing site that I belong to.

We started by the Belle River Hump & worked our way towards the Thames River. We went 5 for 6 in about an hour & 40 minutes time. The one that got off looked to be about 18 or 20 inches that was caught on the slider but we only saw him jumping with the lure & never even got a chance to grab the pole with him on. Biggest was 51 inches 32 lbs (Adam), 48" 25lbs (Dennis), one that was released at boat side about 44 inches (weight unknown but maybe went 15 lbs) (Tim), & a 36 incher (me) & another one that was around 30 inches (me). ALL fish were released screaming & kicking thanks in part to the new livewell that Dennis bought himself for his B-Day just yesterday. ;D

The short period of cloud cover (11:20 AM until 1:00 PM) was the only time that we caught musky. We did land a 2 lb smallie & a 5 lb channel cat as well. I'm not sure what the lures were called (I'm a noob when it comes to musky lures) but all had yellow bellies.

51" 32 lbs

IMG_0965.jpg

Reviving in livewell.

IMG_0957.jpg

48" 25 lbs

IMG_0991.jpg

My little guy (36 inches)

IMG_0983.jpg

5 lb Channel cat on a musky bait

IMG_0993.jpg

I will say you were using woodies one of the best baits going on LSC they catch alot of fish for us here. the one woththe cat almost looks like a dark frog yellow belly. Nice fish for shure and great report.

I know they weren't woodies. They majority of his lures started with a "W" (willeys, whileys something like that) & those were used the most. I've seen other brand lures that look the same as the ones that we used.

Here's the one that the 36" & 44" were caught on:

IMG_0978.jpg

Edited by Zib