Chemong Lake report

LeXXington

Well, after some seriously stressful couple weeks of work I decided I needed a little R&R.

What else do you need to relax but some fishing :)

We did not want to head too far and with a little baby camping was out.

We decided to try Chemong lake http://www.lancasterresort.com/welcome.htm

Very nice little resort, with amazing staff and cottages,

The beach for the kids was in a little need of sand (in the water part) but the over all area was well maintained and super friendly people.

We stayed at number 9 cottage, this cottage was very comfortable with everything you would need for a nice week with the family.

The area bay was weedy, shallow. Super for kids fishing, etc but not for swimming or other activities.

I would stay at this place again and recommend it if asked,

Now for the quick report.

Fishing in the area was mostly Bass and pan fishes' lots, and lots of both. Nothing too big but good for numbers.

Walleye were there but hard to catch, I did manage to get one for the pan but that’s about it.

The real treat for the week was my little 4 year old catching her first Muskie. Ok you ask sure, sure..

Well here how it went down, Me with my high prices fishing rod, etc fishing for walleye with a Erie deary and my daughter with her $20.00 combo fishing with an Erie deary.

She said she had a fish, I set the hook and gave it back too her, that lasted for about 4 min as the fish stayed deep and dogged left and right, I thought she had a nice walleye no issues. Well the fish thought ok enough of this and started running that’s when my daughter nearly followed it into the water and I took over.

As soon as I felt the power I knew it was either a big walleye, or something else.

Fighting a Muskie with 12lb test, a simple push button reel and no leader was tough. Landing a Muskie with no net as our walleye net was too small. (used both hands too lift it in) was a chore to say the least.

So, a great week and here are some pics.

gallery_106_92_39108.jpg

med_gallery_106_92_44804.jpg

Totally don't want to hijack or start a debate but, yes occaisonally when fishing for something else you are unprepared for a musky, and yes sometimes you need to do things you normally wouldn't do to a musky.

A stern talking to before releasing should keep all the other musky in the area away. :P

Great fish. Last time I went out my duaghters and wife out fished me. Its great that way because then they want to go out more. :)

Great fish, congrats to your daughter.