You people are the greatest !!!!

lew

Thanks again everyone, I awoke this morning still amazed at the generosity and kindness of so many members of this board, both my personal friends and also the many I have never had the pleasure of meeting.........yet.

I figured I'd show you the original photograph which was taken several years ago on a cheap camera, and then the painting along side of it for comparison.

I've been looking at the painting closely today and find the detail absolutely amazing, and Pam captured Ed exactly as he looked, which goes to show her talent as nothing really shows up that well in the photograph.

You can even see the cooling water discharging from the pee-hole......unbelievable !!

I'll be taking the painting to show my mother today and I know she'll be as moved and impressed as I am myself.

OntarioFishingNetworkPhotoGallery-C.jpg

Brothers_step_8.jpg

Wow! What an awesome painting. :thumbsup_anim::clapping: I was anxiously waiting to see it and the wait was well worth it. When I received the PM from Joey, I was happy to contribute. I may have never met you personally Lew, but i feel as if i have known you for some time. That's one of the great things about this community. I can't think of a more deserving person. I look forward to meeting you next year at lakair.

A big thanks goes to Pam for putting one of Lew's favourite pictures of fishing with his brother Eddy to canvas. You did an awesome job Pam. Joey...a big :thumbsup_anim: up for you to, for bringing this all together. A big thanks also goes to all those who contributed. It's just goes to show once again, how great a community this is.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Just wonderful, seeing the picture and painting reminded me of great times with my brother and of the importance of family.

My compliments to everybody who contributed to making this happen.

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time, what a great board!

Mike

Pam, the painting looks GREAT.. Joey.. Fantastic job on getting this together with your helpers Paul & Pete... Lew I know you will cherish the memories that were bestowed upon you with this painting... I was very happy to be part of this and VERY Proud to be part of this family of Excellent Friends... T.J. you and Monique put together such an excellent board & a great bunch of people helped make & keep it this way.

Joey, Pam, Pete & Paul.. A heartful THANK YOU for an EXCELLENT job :D:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

THANK YOU ALL OFC'S

As many have said above, Lew you are one person that definitely deserved this act of kindness!

My hats off to all those involved and a special pat on the back to Joey and Paul for doing this! :clapping:

Definitely one of the best communities on the net! :thumbsup_anim:

Stan

Guest Trophymuskie

Lew great things happen to good people, like I've told you before you sir are a class act.

A big thank you to Pam for her magical work as well as all involved in this great dead.

The people on this board never cease to amaze me... I know all to well how the family of OFC members can come together to do something wonderful for someone else..... I'm only to happy to have been part of this... Lew, you are a great guy and so very deserving of such thoughtfulness and kindness from YOUR Family of FRIENDS....

That painting is just BEAUTIFUL.... I just KNOW you'll enjoy it forever

Hugz.... :)

....Super, great job Joey, Paul and Pam. Kuodos as well to everyone who helped out.

Having purchased a painting from Pam I know first hand what a great job she does and how

proud you'll be to display it Lew. Hope it hangs in a place of honour for many, many years.

I've been waiting to see this picture for quite some time. I have said it before, but Pam, your work just keeps on getting better!!

Very moving Lew.

By the way Lew, once you covered up, is that the same shirt that you were wearing in the picture??

I am flying out to Edmonton on Sunday to join my older brother who drove out west two weeks ago and to take a week and drive home with him. This is something we've talked about doing for years. My brother means the same to me as Ed meant to you, and I will be thinking of you and Ed along the way and savour our time together that much more.

Be well my friend.

You are an amazing individual Lew and I wish I would have met your brother. Lew you seem to have an effect on everyone on this board that I have never seen displayed anywhere else. You do have abilities of bringing out the good in everyone and whenever you see something that does not really sit well with you you find a gentle manner in which you can be subtle in getting your point across and you also have your notorious smile which is your trademark.

After all Marvin things your an okay guy so that is good enough for me to be in your corner.

To everyone on this board that were involved you leave me speechless........don't know what to say......what a gesture of friendship.

OFNer's are the best.

Kind regards,

Sam

Looks great Pam and WELL worth the wait for us that knew it was all in motion.

Lew, I'm glad that we, the OFC'rs, (with Joey, Pete and Pam's footwork) could add that glimps of "yesteryear" to your home, to bring a smile and/or tear to your eye as you reflect on memories with your best friend. I know what a great feeling it is to share a boat with you for even a day....I'm sure Eddie enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed his.

Cheers,

Wayne