Having trouble with viewing the site properly lately?

bigfish1965

We are aware of an issue that causes only a part of the board to be viewable for some visitors. We think it may be a flaw in a new Norton Internet Security update. There are a few lines in the page code that allow for certain IE flaws to be overcome. This however, may be mimicking code that tries to trigger an IE exploit. This is getting more and more widespread across the internet and more reports are coming in.

All signs do point to Norton, so try and disable Norton or put this site into the exceptions list and see what happens. Feel free to email me if this does or does not work. There are literally hundreds of people trying to figure this out.

Email Rick

Its funny that 2 of 3 computers in the house with macafey would not work but the third one will with no problems.Tried to set up the other two the same as #3 but no luck so now I run free AGV on the two.Macafey has a patch download to fix the problem but it didn't work.

vance

Rick

Aplumma is running Macafee and getting on the site but Daplumma is using the same and still off the site. We have disabled it with no luck so far and have placed it on the trusted list. The strange thing is his computer tries to take him to the redirect page that you put up when we switched from the old site to the new one it then will not forward him to the new site even if you click the manual override. Got any ideas yet???

Thanks Art

I just uninstalled Macafee and had no trouble getting onto the site.Now I need to find some protection.

Joe

Good to hear that you are able to log in again :) We have been using Trend Micro PC-Cillin for the past few years and have been very happy with it. *Note.....we only use the antivirus, I find that like most companies, the spyware stuff just hogs the machine resources.

OK,I am officially back on OFC now.I am using AVG for anti virus and Zone Alarm Version 6.5.737 for my firewall.My dads computer geek recommended these two programs and they are free.There are some specific ways to install the firewall and the newest version has some conflicts so if you are going to go this route consult your geek of PM me and I'll put you in touch with the guy who helped me out.Hope the rest of you guys find your way back.

Joe

I run NAV, haven't had a problem. However, for some reason my laptop has the semi old skin, and the other PC just a few days ago suddenly had a different skin, and I didn't do anything that would have caused it to change. I don't see how this could possibly help, and it doesn't bother me any, I just figure that such a random change could be helpful.

Glad to here it was not just me having trouble viewing the site. However I still can't get access to the full hi version of the site unless I disable the Norton Firewall. I tried to look for a place where I can exclude sites from being blocked or as you call it exceptions but can't seem to make Norton Firewall ignore any possible risk with OFC and I am sure it is a safe site any more suggestions? Again I will note this happened with the Rogers Online Protection Suite that I downloaded to up grade from Mcaffee anyone else have the same problem with the Rogers version of the Norton Firewall vs problems with the actual real version of Norton? It is strange that this is the only site of all my favorites I had before installing the Norton Firewall that fails to work properly.

Thanks Kawartha Kev

Glad to here it was not just me having trouble viewing the site. However I still can't get access to the full hi version of the site unless I disable the Norton Firewall. I tried to look for a place where I can exclude sites from being blocked or as you call it exceptions but can't seem to make Norton Firewall ignore any possible risk with OFC and I am sure it is a safe site any more suggestions? Again I will note this happened with the Rogers Online Protection Suite that I downloaded to up grade from Mcaffee anyone else have the same problem with the Rogers version of the Norton Firewall vs problems with the actual real version of Norton? It is strange that this is the only site of all my favorites I had before installing the Norton Firewall that fails to work properly.

Thanks Kawartha Kev

Exact same problems I was having.I was using Macafee that Comcast offers for virus protection.Best thing you can do is dump Norton and Macafee and use AVG Free edition.Takes only a few minutes and works like a champ.

Joe

At work we use Trend Micro Corporate Edition, unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how you look at it, it cannot be disabled. I'll just keep using Firefox until they tell me to stop using it. You see, my department is going on a rampage when it comes to security now, especially since Firefox can bypass our proxy server. :whistling: