Atv - Clones - Nf

LeXXington

Hi All:

I know lots of members on the board have the standard ATV's (yamaha, Honda, Polaris, etc)

Just wondering if anyone has tried the alternate brand, I see there are lots of them out there powermax, CDN Tire, and others.

The cost of these China wantabies is vastly cheaper, I know yes someone will say you get what you pay but

the warrenty is the same, but the cost is almost half.

Thoughts all?

Well I was amazed at the power and handleing of the 150 2x4 my pop bought for around the house up north this fall.There are some good cut paths up there,and I was surprised at the power this thing had.Heck it even went up a hill with both my brother and I on it.Im sure for the price he paid,$1200 brand new was a deal,and it,s automatic. :thumbsup_anim:

I like the one that CTC has.I would probly serve my purpose for where I hunt,also would be fine on those well stomped down snow paths out in the lake here.

Good question.Looking forward o reading other responses.

Yes they are cheap but their top of the line 250 model is only 2 wheel drive.And who will service them. :dunno:

Get a good manuel with them and do it yourself.They are not rockets :blahblah1::dunno::dunno:

they are 2 wheel drive

you have to put much of it together when you get it

and the little 250 will never do what my 660 will do

but in many cases it will work just fine..and many winters on simcoe they would work on the ice too......

I would put a set of chains on the drive wheels

they are 2 wheel drive

you have to put much of it together when you get it

and the little 250 will never do what my 660 will do

but in many cases it will work just fine..and many winters on simcoe they would work on the ice too......

I would put a set of chains on the drive wheels

Exellent response from a dude that knows Simcoe..thanks Terry.

I was looking at some in that range for our youngest son,

Same Q tho, who would service them????

I can build any thing with brick/block or stone...

even quite good with wood...

But mechanical..... :dunno::dunno::dunno:

I'd be up the creek for sure.

I never knew CTC had them and from my experience with CTC Ill give them a look see.

Good Thread Lex....Ill be reading more responses for sure.

Other question would be how much service do they really need by a dealer. Our little Moto4 - 70 is still running fine after 22+ years and it's been serviced once and only because I took the rear end out of it draggin a screen with cement blocks piled on top to smooth a 2000' x 100' runway prior to spreading seed 14 years ago. Pretty sure it still has the original spark plug in it!

While you are looking at them ask about parts availability and manuals some have neither easily available. I also do not recommend them to anyone who does not like to tinker or cant fabricate basic brackets and parts for it. I have an off brand cart and ordered and have waited 8 months for a reverse cable and it still is not here. If the seller does not stock the repair parts then it would be better to save up and buy a brand name or realize that the unit is disposable.

Art

While you are looking at them ask about parts availability and manuals some have neither easily available. I also do not recommend them to anyone who does not like to tinker or cant fabricate basic brackets and parts for it. I have an off brand cart and ordered and have waited 8 months for a reverse cable and it still is not here. If the seller does not stock the repair parts then it would be better to save up and buy a brand name or realize that the unit is disposable.

Art

The one that pop bought, my brother works for the place.He builds custom bikes and services anything they sell.

If anyones interested in seeing them,pm me.

Edited by misfish

Lots of stuff here guys thanks,.

A 2 wheel drive might be all I need as really its just trails and stuff in the summer, As I use to have a dirt bike the rear wheel drive only should not really be an issue.

Ice on simcoe is why I was looking for a ATV unit.. Yeap too lazey to walk miles pulling a sled..

If 90 would do it, I was thinking about one of these but then I see a 250 for the same price got me too thinking.

I would love to get a much bigger one but Storage is a big issue as it needs to fit in the garage and on a small pickup.

The used ones are still super expensive and you never know how they were driven... Lets face it there are not too many Granny Drive ATV's out there :dunno:

The one that pop bought, my brother works for the place.He builds custom bikes and services anything they sell.

If anyones interested in seeing them,pm me.

Were were you 9 months ago..... :) With a shop and a mechanic with repair parts as support I would not hesitate to buy a unit that was an other brand. I guess thats what I get for not living in the Great White North.... My buddy is having a hard time finding a Suzuki dealer that is less than 100 miles away to do the maintainance to keep his warretee enforce on his outboards.

Art

in my opinion save up a little more and go with at the very least a brand with a 4x4, sometimes it don't take much to get a 2x4 stuck especially in snow,

as for "it's probably good enough for what i'll do" once you get out there you'll want to do more, if you get a year with a lot of snow, or mild temperatures with slush, you're new purchase will be sitting at home, or in warmer seasons having to turn around because you're unsure of a mud puddle or washout or swamp isn't so fun anymore and you'll be saying i should bought a 4x4

just my opinion, good luck with whatever you chose

ps. i have a saying about trucks, if you don't buy 4x4, you might aswell buy a car..... lol

I was also thinking about the Jap knockoffs but after some investigating i realized i better just go with something bigger and stronger and safer....

Dont forget that the resale value on the no name brands is crap compared to the top brands like Honda / Yamaha etc

Edited by cityfisher