The Sea Lion (NF)

danc

About a month ago I posted a message about a Sony camera free fix for certain camera that had CCD problems. HERE'S THE POST

So I got my old Sony 717 fixed for free and was anxious to take it out once again. I hadn't used it in over a year, but this 4 year old camera has always given me consistently better pictures than the 3 or 4 cameras that I've bought since my 717. It's lacking in optical zoom by todays standards (it has 5x optical), but is better in many other ways IMHO. So Sis and I played tourists today and went for a ride to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, just east of Thunder Bay. One of the attractions there is "The Sea Lion". It's a rock formation that extends out from the Giant into Lake Superior. I'd never been there before. What an incredible sight! And a picture perfect day to photograph it as well.

So, here's what I'm talking about. The Sea Lion. Its name came from the fact that the top of this rock formation once looked like the head of a lion, but part of it has since fallen into Superior, so the lion resemblance is not there now.

Sealion5.jpg

Sealion10.jpg

Sealion7.jpg

By the way, I used a polarizer for all of these shots. If your camera can accept add on lenses, a polarizer should be on top of your "must have" list. It's like a pair of fishing sunglasses for your camera.

These shots are looking down near the base of the Sea Lion.

Sealion8.jpg

Sealion9.jpg

And just a few more shots from the general area.

Sealion4.jpg

Sealion6.jpg

Sealion12.jpg

Sealion11.jpg

I think that my old Sony 717 and I are going to become really close friends once again. I'm happy that she's up and running once again.

You should enter those pics for cameraman of the year award! I bet there are few photographers that could have captured the beauty of the water and coutryside so well, made me jealous for sure this time.

Regards Clive