A smallie report

misfish

With all the fun fishing different waters for buckets and smallies I had yet to fish Simcoe this year for the green fish.

Having the week off,I made my first adventure out to my favorite shore line and it was so nice to get out there.

Up this morning it starts spitting a bit of the wet stuff,but I hear it,s to clear up so I head out.

Get to the launch and it,s almost like glass out there.Get unloaded and get heading.

Over cast start to the morning,start with the tube and dont have any takers.Im thinking maybe a jerk bait will get them. I tye on my Megabass and start chuck,n. second or third cast, hit, set,jump, spit.Man missed that one. Continue chuck,n and another,hit, set, jump ,spit. Oh man what the heck is going on. Check the hooks and I see the back treb has a hook bent out. Fix,start chuck,n again. Jerk,n away and I see this huge tank follow and turn and grab,wait a split sec,set, hooked, fish on,very short battle and jump and spit again. Oh man Im getting peed off now. What am I doing wrong. I switch up to a xrap to see if that helps,and again I get hit set ,jump, spit. After watching most of these fish strike,I see they are really short striking.Just nipping the back of the bait.

I grab my megabass again and continue. This time I see the follow,stop,little jerk, pause,see the bass grab turn and set. This time I got him hooked well.

Nice chunker.

simcoeholidays005.jpg

Ok, I got this solved now :whistling: . Continue with the jerk bait and I set the hook on 3 others and they manage to spit out even a healty 6+ that I seen about 15 ft away from the boat strke. :w00t:.

Sun is starting topeak through,time for the tube again.Turns out thats all it took was a bit of sun.

Went on to nail 5 fish with the tube.

simcoeholidays004.jpg

simcoeholidays003.jpg

simcoeholidays006.jpg

simcoeholidays007.jpg

All fish that hit and lost and landed were in the 10-16 fow depths.rock,gravel,sand,weed mix.

simcoeholidays008.jpg

Great to finaly get out and play with some Simcoe smallie. Sure do put up a great fight. Real chunky fish.

On my way to the ramp I seen a nice doe in the field.I stopped to take a photo. Snap a pic.

simcoeholidays001.jpg

To my right I hear this rustling,heres the fawn running in the ditch. Can you pick her out?

simcoeholidays002.jpg

Also took a quick vid. You can see the fawn running and jumping in the high grass.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/mis...nt=b8476d43.flv

Edited by misfish

Great report and photos Brian. Always nice that early morning drive to the ramp, never know what mother nature will allow you to see. Thanks for sharing

John

Nice report and great fish.

Guys-those crocs may make you look like a poofter or worse but man they're comfortable for being on your feet all day fishing and who cares if they get wet.

Out of curiosity, where'd you launch and how much $ did you have to part with?