Deer (fawns)

Peps

I know we have some hunters on the board, but this question is for everyone. in your travels so far this summer has anybody seen any fawns out with any doe's?

last year around this time and in the years past i probably would have seen atleast 5 fawns through out my travels, this year i haven't seen 1 and i'm on the road alot and travel through prime deer country.

Peps

I seen 2 Fawns the other day on a back road near Jacks L. One ran out in front of me, just missed it. the other stayed in the ditch. I've been seeing lots of deer this year. You need to travel those back roads slow.

Edited by Fish Farmer

I am also a hunter, mostly compound bow and muzzleloader. I have seen 8 fawns so far and lots of bucks in velvet. I see on an average of 6-8 per day on my 2 hour journey down to TO. I already hit one but no damage was done just clipped her hoof. Also getting ready to put in a new food plot for late fall.

September 15 I got my 5th fly in moose hunt and fishing trip booked and just can't wait :thumbsup_anim: . I got a 900lb cow moose 4 years ago 47yrd perfect shot she didn't go 20 yrds, and we got a 52" bull same night man what a long night that was, but OH SO worth it.

I saw a doe & 2 small fawns standing at the side of Hwy 11 just south of North Bay last month coming down from Lakair. They weren't 20' away from the road and didn't seem the least bit concerned as they happily munched away with Mom.

I think I smiled all the way home after seeing those little guys and their proud Momma :)