The legend speaks

Marc Thorpe

The legend of all muskie anglers

(just had to share)

All about myself

Hi all, newbie to the message board here, but not to the muskie scene. Actually I'm quite an experienced muskie angler and guide. You may not have heard of me, as most of my clients are very high profile (dignitaries, politicians, CEO's). I do not take out the average muskie Joe, for obvious reasons. Lately I've been getting out of guiding and have more time to spend on the message boards. I am here to answer muskie related questions and believe I will eventually become known as the resident muskie expert on this site. I've caught hundreds and hundreds of beautiful muskies, in fact I'm sure that at least six of them (not a typo) have been close to or over the current world record held by Arthur Lawton. I'm not talking about average big fish, like the 57 and 58 caught in the Thorpe video. I'm talking REAL BIG FISH. Thorpe appears to be a good angler, I'll give him that respect. But I've been to his website, and frankly....I'm not overly impressed. Don't get me wrong, lot's of nice 50" class fish, but.....is that it??? Don't mean to sound full of myself but most of the guides I see these days are one fish wonders (I will shed some light on some of the photos submitted in the future). Please read through the lines in regards to these so-called guides. Anyways, many of you will eventually come to enjoy my musings and I'm here for all of you, if you have any muskie related questions, fire away.

ps and please....don't be pulling any of that petty internet warrior tough guy posturing with me....I get tired of all the crap on some of these boards.

Hi all,I am so overjoyed you all have warmed up to me,it will be my pleasure to share my vast and extensive expertise knowledge

Soorry for the delay,I got hung up staring at myself in the mirror.Big b,its obvious you have a touch of slimed gum disease,I'd recommend a good perch brushing,be sure to floss with carp afterwards.Ya know Big b women like yourself have been known to fake spawning rituals,I've done better....I have faked entire relationships

I'l gladly answer your questions,but first I must go back to observing myself

Another time I was relieving myself beside a river while on a long road trip. Anyway, while standing there I found myself in a staredown with a huge musky that was sunning in the shallows along side the shore. I quickly found a firm yet flexible tree branch, whittled a pine jerkbait from a piece of branch, unthreaded several yards of thread from my well-fitting jeans and alas, I had created a make-shift muskie combo w/ a functioning reel made by utilizing the gears from my ten speed. Within seconds the denizen of the deep had engulfed my lure and the fight was on. It seemed like I would never get the fish in, but finally it succumbed to my finesse angling skills. I quickly called around on my cell phone and found out there was a high profile tournament going on.....ON THAT VERY DAY ON THAT VERY WATER BODY. I called tournament HQ and entered over the phone and dang....didn't I win that tournament with that 53lb. 7 oz. supertanker.

Once while fishing, I was felled to the bottom of the boat with severe pain (not that I couldn't have toughed it out for the rest of the day with the pain....but I wanted to be in peak physical form as the leviathans were "on" that day). After quickly assessing the region of my abdomen and using my photographic memory, I recalled a thesis I had read by one of America's leading surgeons. It was decided I must perform an impromptu surgery in the boat. With my supersharp fillet knife I made the perfect incision, removed the kidney stone, took a few hits from a fatty offered by two passersby in another boat, and finished the day by boating two very beautiful and large specimens.

Hi all, Mr. Thorpe are you taking a few shots at me??? Well, Mr. you better figure out fast with whom you are conversing. I'm not just a fantastic and legendary musky fisherman...I have fished ALL of the world's most predatory and viscous fish including great whites, barracudas, muskies, pirhana, the African naughty minnow and others.

And whats this leave your smiles on shore mindless chatter. I'm so passionate about musky fishing that one time, in the excitement of getting out on the water, I left my clients on shore for the entire day while I fished (and caught several leviathans). Even after spending the day on the dock, my clients were so impressed and had such a great time they booked for the next year immediately.

1880 cats per day is only the average. I typically start out with 150 to 175 casts per hour and that dwindles by the end of the day to between 75 and 100 casts per hour. I can do this because I love to really burn my handmade bucktails. My retrieve has been clocked at well over 10mph so I do not even need to troll.

While I appreciate that your post has put The Legend into the stratosphere of popularity with 100 replies (YES FOLKS 100 REPLIES) I find it very suspicious that another guide, of dubious distinction I might add, comes on here to purposely hijack my informative thread. Therefore I would kindly ask you start your own thread. Thank you sir (p.s. what lure were you using on those 57" and 58"ers).

Good Morning ,what I splendid morning,as I opened my eyes and gazed what a wonderful site,I was looking at myself

I"ll surely answer your questions once I've overcome the ora of my reflection

Did you guys know I've two boats named after me. Before I became The Legend I was known as the Prince of Musky Fishing. So they named the Princecraft line of boats after me. Once I became The Legend....well....the rest is history.

Arivadece,chow,shalom

love,your friend

The Legend

take care guys.....shalom, peace, etc.

Leave your clients on shore :) bwahahahahahaha

:blahblah1: every single person I have spoken to has unquestionably said that Marc Thorpe is the 1 guy in Canada who will put you on fish and if its all good big fish.....sorry legend...........but I will offer the services of several OFC guys to come on your boat, mind you with all those casts I ll be wearing my poly glasses

Dual personality syndrome?

Marc, do you hear voices in your head? :whistling:

all the time

Do you have the time to listen to me whine

About nothing and everything all at once

I am on oh those

Melodramatic fools

Neurotic to the bone no doubt about it

I went to a shrink

To analyze my dreams

She says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down

I went to a checkout girl

she said my live's a bore

And quit no whining cause it's bringing her down

Sometimes i give myself the creeps

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me

It all keeps adding up

I think I'm cracking up

Now you know why I only have Part Time occasional long distance Pretend Friends :w00t:

Edited by marc thorpe

Guest gbfisher

Quote from The Legend

"my clients are very high profile (dignitaries, politicians, CEO's). I do not take out the average muskie Joe"

They sound frustrated and confused Marc.... :jerry:

Edited by gbfisher

Little fishy in the brook ,wont you come and bite my hook

So I baited him with crust of bread ,then I cruched his ..... Head :w00t:

Wheel bearing Job,they aint bitting and they aint gonna be bitting till noon

Meds !!!!!

They have not invented any for my diss- ease

Tony.missed something,you maybe :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Me no :whistling:

actually the conversation happened last winter on another message board,it was all fun nothing demeaning or nasty at all just good humour on the seriouness of fishing

Just laugh

My grammmar,How do you expect a Kilt wearing Fench (French)Canadian Scotsman to know how to Speil

Your Kilting me are ya :w00t:

Edited by marc thorpe

"I'm so passionate about musky fishing that one time, in the excitement of getting out on the water, I left my clients on shore for the entire day while I fished (and caught several leviathans). Even after spending the day on the dock, my clients were so impressed and had such a great time they booked for the next year immediately."

I wish I had clients like that

He even widdles his own lures at a moments notice

Edited by marc thorpe

" After taking your medication for awhile you might feel that you are better and decide to stop. Remember the medication was prescribed by your physician for you to take until he has evaluated your condition and only he can recommend when and if your dosage needs to be changed."

(Jan 2007 pamphlet for lithium users to control schizophrenia)

I sometimes play a DR on T.V......Art