New Ride

Up until 4 weeks ago I had a Silverado to pull my boat, bought it brand new. First ever new vehicle in my life, my intention was to drive to the wreckers. That did not happen as I had it towed to the transmission shop instead. A result of GM's fuel management system where it shuts down 4 of the eight cylinders when not required. This does bad things to the torque converter and that results in  glittery transmission fluid and burnt clutches. I ended up selling the truck to the transmission shop and started shopping for a replacement. I was advised to get a F150 with the 5.0 engine. I did not want a crew cab, so I had to search far and wide to get one with a super cab (cab and a half). This is what I ended up getting as my new to me truck:

F150.jpeg.c296c7b8cab82c856833420cf206a175.jpeg 

And here is what I hope to have it looking like as often as possible

rig.jpg.765a747144c0333bcbdf7a9576d25353.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I got many years of reliable service from my old F150, I don’t think you can go wrong.  One thing ford does well is 5L engines.  Mind you I had the 4.6, which wasn’t the ballsiest engine, but it certainly did the job reliably!

Edited by porkpie

On 6/4/2024 at 11:43 PM, Freshtrax said:

Can't go wrong with the 5.0  I have one love it.  The 10 speed took a little getting used to. 

I'd never heard of that 10 speed tranny before and after looking it up and seeing all the issues including class action lawsuits I'd never buy a truck with it regardless of how good that 5.0 l is. Hopefully the Op won't have those problems.
https://www.vehiclehistory.com/articles/ford-10-speed-transmission-problems-to-be-aware-of

• 2 weeks later...