Kawartha Musky, Bass, Walleye, Panfish

Rich

Sleded and I headed up early Friday morning to one of our favourite areas of the kawarthas for some multi-species action. We were not let down.

A look at the drive up.

DSC00206.jpg

I've been dying for musky since last September, so thats how we started. Within 6 casts, I had my first. For some reason we never got a still picture of it, just video. It was not a legal fish and I barely took it out of the water.

About 10 more casts and I was into a nicer one, probably legal, but he shook the hook. We were simply casting spinnerbaits along a distinct weedline, about 8-10ft of water.

After that, the muskies apparently shut down.

We tossed grubs looking for walleye, and as expected, got into a bunch of panfish (which were released).

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

We spent the rest of the day just relaxing, tossing grubs and casting spinnerbaits for bass. Nothing major that day but still lots of fun on the water.

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

Day 2 started with a bang.

My BBR sense was tingling at the thought of trolling for musky. We've never really done it before, but I gotta tell ya, I think I'm hooked. After not even an hour I hooked into the big fish of the trip. No, not that big, but a long, skinny kawartha musky. We didn't even take the time to measure it. Not long after the catch she swam off, full of life.

DSC00212.jpg

Soon after, I was into another one. A little smaller but I'm pretty sure it was a legal fish.

DSC00214.jpg

After that it was Sleded's turn to land a little snot rocket. Not exactly that trophy he was after but hey, he was spunky and full of life.

DSC00215.jpg

After that we chased the walleye. Once again, no big trophies, but jigging the weedlines with the trusty orange grub did pick up a few good eaters.

DSC00228.jpg

And of course, some panfish.

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

Who can forget the perch who annihilated my 5 inch senko, lol

DSC00226.jpg

A fine Kawartha sunset ended the day.

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

We didn't get much time to fish on day 3. Long story short, a couple decent bass, one tiny musky (for me), and a bunch o' panfish. Oh yeah, one little walleye too. Sleded scored with the big bass of the trip.

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

It was a great trip, full of lots of fun times and great laughs. Sure the fish weren't massive, or necessarily co-operative at times, but it happens.

Looking forward to the next trip up!

Nice report! thanks for sharing!

Nice to see the couple have made up and have moved on LOL... But I gotta ask.... what is the maximum load allowed in that boat? Including people, gear, motor and fuel? LOL

Just kidding guys! Nice report.

Gerritt.

Great report Rich and nice of your wife to let you unwind so soon after the birth of your baby.I always enjoy the Rich twisted LOOK :blush:

:thumbsup_anim: MTP

She would not let me cancel my fishing trip I had been planning for so long, gotta love 'er! Her only complaint was that she couldn't be up there with me. haha

Thanks for all the comments guys. :thumbsup_anim: