Sage advise overlooked and now passing on

Hello gang

Most of you don’t know me as I’m not very active online anymore…  but I used to be 

many years ago I was a cocky bugger and often mistook some sage advise of some of the members in here… puffed my chest… and was very argumentative and dismissive in some cases

for some reason for a while now I felt the strong need to say 2 things on here

1 - to all you you cocky live scoping… power poling… satellite imaging…. $100k boat driving… and all the other stuff I don’t even know about…  20 something year olds trying to get a foot in the door of the fishing industry… youtube… guiding… pro staff… sponsored… etc…. the older long standing members on here know their stuff… nearly all the advise i can remember ever getting on here was right or at least came from a good place but it took me too long to realize that. So please really try to understand their advice and be accepting of it. I've lost friends… opportunities… fishing spots… time… all cause i didn't listen 

2- to anyone that ever tried to help me… if I didn’t say it… thank you... trying to remember some…  Bill M? Terry? Pikeslayer? Spiel? of course Lew…. Mercman… many many more 

now I'm 38…. Have 2 kids and a respectable job… fishing is for me and making me happy… I hated guiding even though I delivered good results and still get calls 10 years after stopping… it just wasn't for me…  sometimes gas money isn't worth as much as a good net man that can keep a secret… fishing trips sometimes aren't about fishing and thats ok… and sometimes you gotta fish for what your buddy likes or some day you wont have any fishing buddies 

Anyway

sometimes you just gotta do or say something and that's all this post is about for me  

Thanks and tight lines 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hey Mike, good to hear from you Bud, it's been a long time.

Your a fun guy to fish with and you for sure passed a lot of knowledge on to others too.

We had some good times on the water, put some nice fish in the boat, had a lot of laughs and even scarfed down some incredible Philly cheese steaks LOL

003.webp.867a414d057652ac3963a70c34e2d3fb.webp015.webp.bb58ef32c920fe2a681daf2fa0641f5e.webp9608E4D3-7E7C-4E7B-B425-5856073C2273-362-000000BBA5ADD2B6.webp.81f15afbd76ffd6df55b9351f0a6cda0.webp

• Like 3

16 hours ago, lew said:

Hey Mike, good to hear from you Bud, it's been a long time.

Your a fun guy to fish with and you for sure passed a lot of knowledge on to others too.

We had some good times on the water, put some nice fish in the boat, had a lot of laughs and even scarfed down some incredible Philly cheese steaks LOL

003.webp.867a414d057652ac3963a70c34e2d3fb.webp015.webp.bb58ef32c920fe2a681daf2fa0641f5e.webp9608E4D3-7E7C-4E7B-B425-5856073C2273-362-000000BBA5ADD2B6.webp.81f15afbd76ffd6df55b9351f0a6cda0.webp

I swear off camera there was a few smiles lol

13 hours ago, BillM said:

Nice to hear from you bud!!!!   I'm still trying to get Lew out in the boat :D:D

Woulda been fun Bill, but I spose it's too late now LOL

10 hours ago, mike rousseau said:

Tempt him with St Lawrence…. He might not be able to say no lol

I packed in the fishing a few years back and sold everything Mike, I'm now a spectator rather than a participant 😁