Curve Lake Fuels Ethanol free

captpierre

Messenged Curve Lake Fuels ( formerly Otter Fuels) at the waterfront at the Curve Lake Reserve.  Asked about ethanol free fuel and can he prove it.  Said yes. Said come and test it. He has a tester. The 3 roadside stations have no ethanol free fuel.  
Good to know. Wish I had known in the spring. 🫤

4 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Hi test or regular.

Sounds like premium. 
This was his reply 

Come test it. I have a tester.marina’s have this year exemption due to boats . Then i will have to sell the lesser expensive to me mid grade. A premium/ regular blend the other marinas are selling. No ethonal. What I’ve been told that guy you voted for bought a ethanol plant and needs $$. 10% in premium and 15% in regular which the land stations have all been selling this year. I’m sorry your confused. Maybe don’t vote for Trudeau next time. That’s where ther confusion/ corruption all begins.

• Like 2

If the natives were smart, they’d say to hell with trudeau’s ethanol free fuel ban and just double down selling ethanol free premium from their refinery and network of gas stations located on their reserves. I can tell you there is a massive market of people looking for corn free fuel.

Edited by AKRISONER

2 hours ago, mitch seguin said:

There is no wholly owned Canadian native refinery BTW

Yes...there are only 4 fuel refineries in Ontario....Imperial Oil in Sarnia and Nanticoke...Shell and Suncor in Sarnia. There is also one in Clarkson/Mississauga but that only produces lubricants.

6 hours ago, Fisherman said:

That's our problem, we could really use a couple more refineries to keep the price down, but oh no, can't have that according to the climate changers.

Let’s not make generalizations or be political. I most certainly believe in man made climate change, but I also don’t believe in destroying a bunch of existing motors purely because corn growing lobbyists demand it. 

id love to own a new fuel efficient four stroke, who wouldn’t. Unfortunately what I can afford doesn’t allow for it. That doesn’t mean it’s a great idea to effectively destroy every two stroke engine in canada and throw them into the landfill.

• Like 4

The only reason we have ethanol in our gas is the political system. It has nothing to do with climate change.

The way federal ridings are set up, rural ridings have a disproportionate number of MP's compared to urban ridings. So a relatively small handful of corn farmers can effectively lobby for legislation that makes a relatively inexpensive product (corn) that more valuable. It doesn't matter what political party it is (Lib, PC or NDP) they will all cater to the agricultural lobby groups. 

• Like 2

The native stations near six nations get their gas from the Nanticoke refinery through various wholesalers. One is original traders energy which blends their own fuel on the reserve. I'm not sure if they add ethanol themselves or not. It could come from the refinery already blended in for all I know.. the attendants don't always know if you ask them either...OTE fuel has a bit of a different smell and colour than others but I'm not sure why..

I just stopped by to say that I've never been so confused about "why things are the way they are" in Canada in the year 2023, compared to previous decades. To try and dissect any one of these hundreds of issues makes me nauseous and frustrated. Not sure where it goes from here. 

I don't know if it's a valid reaction or not but I feel a certain sense of victory whenever I buy anything on the reserves. Admittedly I've only ever been to two: the Algonquins of Pikwakanagan aka Golden Lake?, and the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte aka Tyenadinaga. Does anyone have a link to a map of all of them around Ontario? Always good to know where to go for friendlier service and cheaper fuel and smokes! 

Edited by glirw

On 9/1/2023 at 8:32 PM, captpierre said:

Messenged Curve Lake Fuels ( formerly Otter Fuels) at the waterfront at the Curve Lake Reserve.  Asked about ethanol free fuel and can he prove it.  Said yes. Said come and test it. He has a tester. The 3 roadside stations have no ethanol free fuel.  
Good to know. Wish I had known in the spring. 🫤

I feel like an idiot for not knowing about Curve Lake Gas, until now, considering the boat is at Young's Cove just a few klicks away! 

I have a very interesting development from this past weekend and my visit to Wolf Energy on Highway 400.

I pulled into my the station as I normally do on the way up and prominently displayed for the first time was a large sign visible from the highway boldly stating "ETHANOL FREE GAS"

I then went inside to inquire and the man at the register confirmed that their premium was "now ethanol free"

Sure enough, as I was there, two tankers arrived to offload fuel and notably the tankers were no longer branded Original Traders Energy.

It seems, exactly as I described above, a new fuel supplier has taken over and is distributing ethanol free premium to native owned gas stations. A huge win for us all, I hope to god this deal holds up! Super stoked to be able to buy ethanol free gas in ontario again.

26 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I have a very interesting development from this past weekend and my visit to Wolf Energy on Highway 400.

I pulled into my the station as I normally do on the way up and prominently displayed for the first time was a large sign visible from the highway boldly stating "ETHANOL FREE GAS"

I then went inside to inquire and the man at the register confirmed that their premium was "now ethanol free"

Sure enough, as I was there, two tankers arrived to offload fuel and notably the tankers were no longer branded Original Traders Energy.

It seems, exactly as I described above, a new fuel supplier has taken over and is distributing ethanol free premium to native owned gas stations. A huge win for us all, I hope to god this deal holds up! Super stoked to be able to buy ethanol free gas in ontario again.

Interesting. But is it quality gas otherwise?

Well, some disappointing news on the matter. 
Bought 90 litres of “premium ethanol fuel” at Curve Lake Fuels today at the marina. 
Tested it twice carefully using a syringe with 2cc well water and added 8 cc of the new fuel. 
Looks to have about 4-5% ethanol in it. 

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

Speedway Fuels on the Tyendega Reserve has signs saying "Ethanol Free Gas"... and it's definitely not.

"False Advertising"...on the reserve...lol...they are their own Nation and don't have to play by the rules. They were openly selling weed on the Reserve 10 years before it was legalized...and if you want some Walleye fillets at a good price..

I'm not saying it's wrong...but that's  just the way it is in a country with 3 founding Nations...

4 hours ago, HTHM said:

Any thoughts on Whata Station? I'm heading up to Parry Sound in a week or two, along the 400 and need to fill up the boat. 

That’s where I’ve been getting my diesel and gas for years, they are advertising ethanol free gas right now.

call me crazy but something seems weird about 4-5% ethanol in the fuel. Most blends are 10-15%

is it possibly residual from prior to this new ethanol free supplier?