Where to buy Duracel 2450 Batteries for Trolling Motor Remote Controller

fundseeker

Amazon has them for $9.  I just buy the energizer at Canadian tire.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Duracell’s in a store. I haven’t had problems with the energizer but I always carry a spare.  Dollarama doesn’t carry 2450’s.

Edited by porkpie

7 minutes ago, Raycaster said:

Im with Dave on saving money but last year my remote was acting up (turning off quickly, not connecting etc.).  Some sites were saying that the different brands have slightly different dimensions causing some remotes not to work properly.

Mine shuts off too. Very frustrating, generally when I run the motor over number 8 speed.

Hijack alert

I only changed battery once and got the new one at tool town...no name

12 hours ago, Raycaster said:

Im with Dave on saving money but last year my remote was acting up (turning off quickly, not connecting etc.).  Some sites were saying that the different brands have slightly different dimensions causing some remotes not to work properly.

My remote started to give me troubles last night.  I’ll try a different brand of battery, thanks!

I took my remote apart originally to look for damage and it appeared flawless. No water, no corrosion, no burnt parts...perfect.

Instead of replacing I finally hit a site that mentioned the dimensions are slightly different and the contact areas don’t 100% match. The positive pad varies in size etc. I took out the digital calibers and found this to be true but never seemed enough to cause contact problems but switching different brands with slightly different forms did fix my problems.

I found it was hit or miss and $$$ wasn’t a factor. It could be cheap sunbeams or expensive energizer, the exact form design was the ticket.

Find 2 that work and put the spare in the tackle box!

1 minute ago, Sinker said:

There are some things you just don't cheap out on. My TM remote is one of them.  My batteries seem to last me a very long time too. 

S. 

It all comes down to a good day or bad day of fishing. I agree with my bye here.

• Like 1

Mountain  Equipment stores have Duracell CR 2450's for $5.96 each. I'm picking 4 up curbside on Thursday when I'm in Barrie for an appointment. I hope they don't try to swap out with Energizers . The duracells definitely last longer in my remote. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sinker said:

I bought my ipilot last summer and am still using the same battery in my remote. Am i doing something wrong? 

S. 

I used mine for 3 years...you just aren't fishing enough..same as me

• Haha 1

I've been burning through a $10 3 volt Energizer battery every 2 days of fishing or so with 6 hours on the motor per trip on avg. 3-4 days per week.   . I use the pedal and the remote not just remote. The Duracells last for weeks but they are hard to find at store front retailers with none in Parry Sound. . As someone said it could be the tolerances of the battery to the remote causing the excessive usage on Energizer brand .  On a retirement income $7 every 2 weeks is preferable to $10 every 2 days.  

Something is not right there.  My battery generally lasts at least half a season and I use the motor a lot.  Matter of fact looks like my remote is pooched!  Glad I bought that spare terrova  ipilot kit when Canadian tire was blowing them out for $150.  

Edited by porkpie

On 6/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, Dara said:

I used mine for 3 years...you just aren't fishing enough..same as me

I'm on the water 2 or 3 days a week. Almost constant use of the bowmount the whole time on the water. 

S. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry to refresh the thread again but remote again was inop on latest Lake Ontario launch.

So when home I checked everything and replaced battery and went ahead and ordered a 5 pak from Amazon.

My “1st world problem” is driving me crazy so I watched 5 youtube solutions.

I have cleaned the contacts and bent them a little for better contact but the remote appears like brand new. 

One user said to insert battery upside down for 20 seconds. They actually said it was a solution from minn kota.

It seems totally unlogical but IT WORKED. 

Still don’t believe it did anything but… it is now working.