Lakair part 3 ... seems like ages ago

Deg

The great thing about the g2g is not only the fishing but the time spent with family and friends

Profish.jpg

looniet.jpg

RichPeteTyler.jpg

Not sure why Norm is asking my permission to leave. The washrooms were right behind him. lol

BeansJack.jpg

Chuck is enjoying the time Shelley has given him off from his kitchen duties.

Chuckresting.jpg

Joey ... loved your wildlife shots, so I thought I'd throw this character into the mix.

fellowangler.jpg

On the Sunday after we said our goodbyes to those heading home, we went out in search of a muskie. After tossing a suick for an hour we moved into a small bay and I switched baits to a large top water. It turned out to be the best day of the week. I caught several pike and numerous bass (all around 18") in just over an hour. Tyler landed an 18.5" walleye on a twister tail. I really wanted a muskie but catching that many nice bass on the surface helped to ease my disappointment. LOL

bass2.jpg

Met a lot of new OFC'ers like Bernie, Cliff and Carol when I didn't have a camera handy and I can't figure out why I didn't get one of my neighbour 'slowpoke'. You think with a name like that he would be easy to catch. All I can say is if you haven't met them you are in for a treat when you do. Great people. Looking forward to the next time.

Thanks again to everyone for a great week.

Met a lot of new OFC'ers like Bernie, Cliff and Carol when I didn't have a camera handy and I can't figure out why I didn't get one of my neighbour 'slowpoke'. You think with a name like that he would be easy to catch.

LOL, I'll send you an 8x10 glossy.

Next year I'll pose for you at the stump outside my cabin.

Great report and pictures!

-Brian

It was a pleasure for Bly and I meet and chat with you as well! Thanks for stopping by our campsite before we left on Sunday. It was great hearing all those stories of your US adventures!! Hope to see you next year...we'll be back for sure!

A great report Don, and in three part harmony no less. It was a pleasure seeing you and Ruth again this year and seeing young Tyler for the first time. You have some wonderful pictures there. Thanks for sharing.

Yep...that's eggsactly what I thought when you e-mailed me the picture Don...

Thanks for the pic and the reports...and for coming back to the lodge to pick up Maureen and me for the shorelunch...my first ever !

Edited by Beans

Brian, about that glossy ... I found it but it was full of holes. Apparently Ruth hung it on the dart board and everyone's aim improved. lol Hope we are neighbours again next year.

LadyW ... that computer problem turned out to be a damaged telephone in another part of the house. Hard to believe the frustration it caused. Got a new phone today and now I have to program all those numbers in again .... more fishing time lost.

GCD .... man you must really want to go snapper fishing ... 3 times on one post. How long does it take for the moonshine to wear off?

Hey Art ... what's a record (think you're dating yourself ... it's a CD). Actually you should be the one giving him the bump ... he's your friend. I just took him 'out' fishing .. it was Ruth's idea to bring him back. lol

You're welcome Norm .... glad we found you and Maureen in camp.

Chris .. thanks again for everything including the shorelunch ... great idea. Maybe we will see you there in Aug./Sept