Beauties and Beasts - Long Weekend Report

ccmtcanada

I was wondering what happened to you guys when I got up this morning and didn't see a report ... Now I know, you were sleeping and recovering from an amazing weekend ;):P. Great fish both of you, and Bly, that's one sweet Walleye...picture worth framing for sure.

Thanks for the report.

Maureen

Stoty,

To catch carp go to any rivermouth (theres lots in your area) and throw out some corn or a boilie.

these rivermouths also contain lots of browns, very tight to shore, cast out any smaller spoon (like a little cleo) and youll get into some. Timing is a different thing, although you can follow winds I find its better to just go and see if their biting

Althought with a boat i dont see why you would want to target carp :mellow:

Depending on the size of your boat I would go out for salmon/bows instead, not too much gear is needed, with dipseys and leadcore you dont even have to invest in downriggers. When launching ask some of the charter guys how deep their getting them/what lures are working, their usually more than willing to help.

THanks for the info FishFinder.

My boat is up at my cottage on Clear Lake (Stoney Lake).

So I dont have access to a boat during the week, thats why I wanted to know where some decent spots are to get into nice fish like CCMT and Bly have been!

I will definitely try to get out to a rivermouth around me. Just have to find the time to do so!

Thanks again!

I must read your reports three times, and then stare at the pictures even longer... Love how you put your whole hearts into a hobby you both love... Way to go, you are living everyday what most ppl only dream of... I am terribly jealous and at the same time in awe.

Well done to you both... and you are right, Bly does have a knack for some beautiful fish, although in saying that I think the fish you are bringing in are just as beautiful.

Cheers,

jen

nice report.

i can't think of a better way to spend along weekend! good luck on the avid anglers (A.A.?) award, bly.

ps i'm noticing my messages are getting shorter now that i'm typing one-handed with a newborn in the other.

That's a nice bunch of fish! Wouldn't expect those from shore at this time of year.

That walleye takes care of that category for Team 9 until youse catch bigger ones in the fall.

Good stuff!

ehg