back from Elephant lake (report)

snagmaster

Hey guys just got back from elephant lake last night ....i was up there for two days with my GF ....the fishing was tough to say the least but we had a great time...A cold front pushed through the area on friday and saturday which shut the fish off. In the two days I managed to land 2 nice smallies ,one small ski and 9 pike between 25 and 28''. There were quite a few Amaricans at the lodge and no one did any better on the bass....Its a gorgeous lake but heavily fished. The high winda made it impossible to plunk weeds for largies and i missed the morning bite both days cause Sabrina and I were up late drinking... anyways ,heres a few pics ......ps...loved the reports from the west arm.....looks like everyone had a ball. Im heading up there for my Bday on 070707......is the fishing usually better?? 3lb smallieimg3616tr3.jpg

one of the many little pikies

img3662az8.jpg

little ski

img3700cp6.jpg

heres the bid fiah of the weekend......4.3lb smaliie...it faught like a salmon...lol

img3849ru4.jpg

really nice area but this was the most beautiful site by far

img3637cb8.jpg

Edited by snagmasteral

Hey man, you got yourself a tiger musky there. I have heard of more and more of them being caught in both Elephant and Baptiste over the last few years. The markings are a dead give away, especially since they go all the way up the cheeks. Great report and pics.

Nice pics-sounds like you had fun....maybe too much fun, missing the morning bite :sleeping_02:

How were the horse/deer flies, I'll be at Benoir lake (connected to the north) in July-those deer flies were viscious our last visit. There's nice golf course a few clicks up hwy the lodge is on, I can fish with deer flies but not golf.

You try top of Elephant, weedy channel that connects to Benoir? That and island were best our last visit.

Nothing wrong with the smallest Pike being 25" :) I can't tell you if it gets better on the Weat Arm in July, it's been pretty good whenever I've been there, although if there isn't a cold front I imagine it will be very good. I'll be going back sometime around the end of July early August.

Maureen