One Beauty Fishing Trip (pic's)

b2kptbo

Did a five day fishing trip to Lake Temiskaming and stayed on the Quebec side at the mouth of the Kipawa river, man what a beautiful spot. We had two cabins (14 of us) right beside the river and the white water rapids filled the air like music. Right off the bat the fishing was good, couple days a big storm hit and shut things down for a bit but after awhile it picked up only windy and a bit more boat control needed. Most of the Pickeral were around 3 pounds with a couple over 4 with only a few smaller,couple pike and even the odd smallie. Had a nice fish fry one night, most took home a couple and the rest were released...

First night

IMG_0922.jpg

Average size

IMG_0918.jpg

Me with a few

2007_0619Image0002.jpg

Another nice one

IMG_0951.jpg

View from the cabin deck

IMG_0927.jpg

Couple of the boys did some tubing

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

Then some Kayakers came by and gave us a show

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

Fishing the mouth of the Kipawa

2007_0619Image0012.jpg

A good one

2007_0619Image0007.jpg

Me again

2007_0619Image0008.jpg

This was my second year there with last year solid rain and cold, but had a blast this year and plan on going next year...

Awesome report. Looks like a great spot you've found there. Beautiful view of the river from the deck. Must have made for some great nights hearing that river running in the background as you fall asleep. Nice pickerel too!

Corn Nug

Edited by Corn Nug

Awesome, Im always looking for other things to do while on week long trips besides nap in the afternoon, tubing looks like a great way to switch it up from floating in the boat all day for a week straight. AWESOME looking spot........how'd you guys talk to each other all trip though with the water rumbling in the backround all the time lol.

Hey all glad ya's like the report and thanks for all the cool replies. Have been getting some question on who is the outfitters, this place is all private and the guys I know have been going the same weekend for 10yrs or so, someone dropped out and I got the invite. The fellow that owns it used to run it as a lodge for the owner in the U.S. for years and now is full all season with repeat stays, a lot of families from all over go there and only spring or fall for fishing trips. The weekend after we leave it a big kayak event on the river and it's just packed with kayakers. The best I can suggest for that area would be Lake Kipawa and can find some outfitters on the net. But I'll tell ya it quite the spot.

Regards Bill.