HAPPY CANADA EH,,,,

misfish

I honestly can say, this has been my worse opener for smallies from the toon on lake Simcoe. I have flipped and rowed over 20 miles on Simcoe the past two weekends. My left ankle is proof ,as I seem to have torn some ligaments in it. Fishing injury. :-[

This is very painful for a tooner like me, and very troubling, since I have a weeks holidays coming in 4 days. None the less, I still have one good flipper foot and it has not held me back.

I have flipped and rowed up the south and north shores of Kbay. The west side of the main lake. All areas that I have had great success with smallies. Yes I have managed some nice fish, but nothing like years before. Less beds seen, then years before. There was a report that they have been on fire. Maybe they all got burned up. LOL

Yesterday, I was getting into some big perch while dragging for bass on a 4" tube. Not what I was looking for. Thats fishing. Being as they seem to be out there and the bass not, I decided last night, to spend the morning looking for a small feed for today. My last fresh feed was,,,,,,,,,,,,,I cant remember. ::). I thought it was going to be a banner perch day. Oh I caught a ton, but the upper size was not like the day before. With only me,myself and I out there, it was a beauty of a morning for no one to bother us. I managed a few smallies on my way out to my perch area. Made me wonder if today was bass day, but none the less, I stayed on course to my perch area to get my feed . I wouldn't of been fishing for them if it were not for the temps being in the low 60,s. Anything warmer, and I wouldn't of even bothered.

12 fow, using Mizmo micro craw tube, casting away from the toon, dragging and hopping it, seem to be the trick to getting the bigger ones. With the winds shifting and the dark clouds moving in, I decided I had enough for my feed.A feeds a feed, and Im happy I had a fresh one

So it wasnt the best Canada day long weekend fish for me, but it was a great weekend to be thankful we live in this country and these fish to fish for.

What a great country we live in EH BYES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

A few pics from the weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I spared ya the video version this time. That will come in a couple of weeks. Back lakes are on tap. LOL

DSCF3646.JPG

DSCF3649.JPG

DSCF3653.JPG

DSCF3654.JPG

DSCF3670.JPG

DSCF3671.JPG

Thanks Fellas

Time to retire the flips and go modern with leats say a Minkota.
If you only use one flipper you'll be going in circles

No going in circles bud. There is a knack to flipping the toon. I was still able to have enough motion with one flipper to drag a tube just at the right speed and straight. I can turn that thing on a dime when I want. LOL

BTW

That kitty was about 3-4 inches long. I think he or she, thought I was mama. LOL I was going to scoop it up with my hands, but thought different. Im sure the little stingers were still sharp enough to give me a prick. It just stayed by my toon for about 10 minutes. Was very cool.

Edited by Misfish

Nice report Brian and a nice feed. Sorry about the flipper injury. ICE it. Ice, compression and elevation. No big deal unless a bone is sticking out. Tape it up and get back in the huddle.

PS. Time to get a "real" boat and ditch the Flintstone Floatmobile? Ya ain't gettin' any younger boyo. And guess what? It gets exponentially worse every year, then every 6 months then every month, you get the formula.

Cooked up the last of some nice size Simcoe Perch. I coated them in crushed Miss Vickie's tater chips, really great. Don't add salt.

Edited by Old Ironmaker