Erie Eyes from the kayak

blaque

One of my favorite times of the year.

Light gear, long lines, and a box of shallow running stickbaits. Rod in hand and a direct connection to the strike. So much fun, lots of good eater size eyes, and an occasional SLOB thrown in there to keep it exciting

Walleye tacos with a cilantro lime sauce as a reward for all my "hard work" :)

20170519_204209_resized_zpsbgcaeqyn.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20170521_095103_resized_zpsiq

LRM_EXPORT_20170521_191810_resized_zpsqq

Nice! Im super jealous of these toons

Great fish and that plate looks amazing!

I bought it with the intentions of getting exercise while i fished.....ha.....that lasted half a season before i slapped a Minn Kota on the back LMAO.

I bought it with the intentions of getting exercise while i fished.....ha.....that lasted half a season before i slapped a Minn Kota on the back LMAO.

I put one on my toon as well, but removed it,

I like the work out. LOL

Nice fish and set up. And food looks great.

We used to get them trolling in front of the east break wall at Port Colborne, some during the day but evening was usually better. Smaller fish than the offshore population than suspend over deeper water, you could probably launch a yak from Nickel Plant Beach and fish it.

We used to get them trolling in front of the east break wall at Port Colborne, some during the day but evening was usually better. Smaller fish than the offshore population than suspend over deeper water, you could probably launch a yak from Nickel Plant Beach and fish it.

Ya, once the bite goes deep......im out. Dipsies, Jets, Planer boards, runnin 4 rods, draggin fish in with the boat under power, not my cup of tea lol

Ya, once the bite goes deep......im out. Dipsies, Jets, Planer boards, runnin 4 rods, draggin fish in with the boat under power, not my cup of tea lol

Actually we got those all summer just off that wall, I always thought they were a separate local population that stayed there, smaller fish typically than you got offshore. With the predominate winds we either trolled or pulled up to the marker just east of the foghorn and drifted back towards Nickel Plant Beach casting Erie Dearies tipped with a bit of crawler. In season a mixed bag of Smallies and Eyes was assured.

About 5 years ago I caught a 4lb walleye on a spinnerbait in 6' of water on the inside of that breakwall... I think it was lost!

I'm on Erie WITHOUT any of that crappola and get my fair share of walleyes all year long by just drifting worm harnesses, even out to 75' of water.

Honestly.

I can't believe you go out on Erie on one of those

And with spring water temps

More balls than I've got

Its really not that risky.......We arent very far off shore, watch to make sure the weather is gonna be stable for the evening, and its all good.

Actually we got those all summer just off that wall, I always thought they were a separate local population that stayed there, smaller fish typically than you got offshore. With the predominate winds we either trolled or pulled up to the marker just east of the foghorn and drifted back towards Nickel Plant Beach casting Erie Dearies tipped with a bit of crawler. In season a mixed bag of Smallies and Eyes was assured.

Ya, i dont give the drift as honest of an effort as i probably should. Obviously doesnt cover as much water, but if ya find em......again, its the more enjoyable way to catch them summer walleye