New Job, Big Fish and Getting Married! HELP

Hey all,

It's been a while for me as I've been swamped with work, getting egnaged and going fishing. Been trying to read as many reports as possible and I'm glad that many of you are getting out. I'll try to make this short and sweet....

First off, I decided to take my boat fund and spend it on a rock. I proposed to my girlfriend on May 28th, 2007 in Niagara Falls. Now I need some help!!! We really want to get married at a cottage with a large property, or maybe an INN on the lake. If anybody has any leads on a Cottage, or INN that might work for a wedding please let us know! She's been searching the internet for weeks and hasn't come up with much.

Shot from our hotel Room the day of our egagement.

IMG_1205.jpg

Secondly,

I'm proud to announce that I've left my editing job at Technicolor Toronto to work full time for Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc. I've been doing some editing work for Dave over the past couple of months and he's recently asked me to join the Facts of Fishing team as a full time employee. Working with Dave hasn't only been a pleasure but huge learning experience. I've learned more about fishing over the past few weeks than you can imagine. We recently spent a week in northern Manitoba, where Dave wet a line with this years contest winners. We were also able to shoot some walleye fishing, and on our down time from shooting I was able to sneak in a little fishing of my own.

Here's my Manitoba Master Angler Walleye.

gallery_133_237_17205.jpg

And my largest pike ever - 37 inches

gallery_133_237_6358.jpg

And Thirdly,

My father was down with his boat for a week so I took him out to Scugog where we hoped to catch our first Muskies. We tossed big bucktails and spinners all morning. We caught a few OOS largemouth while trying for muskie, but what suprised me the most was when my Dad got a hit on a giant muskie spinner and pulled a nice Walleye out of the weeds!

Scugog Walleye on a Spinner Bait

med_gallery_133_237_6156.jpg

We missed one Muskie which hit right at the boat and wasn't hooked for more than 10 seconds, but we had a great day together out on the water anyways.

Thanks for reading my post and Good Fishin' everybody

Cheers,

Urban

Give Windermere House a look, my wife and I got married up there. Great scenery, great service, beautiful accomodations, its right on Lake Rosseau, golf course next door, you name it, and not that you will have much time ;) , the fishing is ok too. Oh, and congrats too, almost forgot to mention that.

www.windermerehouse.com

Edited by Tackle Buster

Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

from what everyone's telling me ... getting married = less fishing gear + less fishing time ... i guess that's a different story for you!

good luck and all the best

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like you have been a busy man!! Those are some very nice fish!! Maybe the spinner bait explains why I can never catch a walleye in Scugog LOL Wish you all the best in these new adventures!!!!

Well after weeks of hearing you talk about it it's nice to see she said yes. :thumbsup_anim: We miss ya here at the shop, well not really but it seemed like the right thing to say. :P:D LOL! It looks like the new job is going well and yes I'm jealous. Thanks for the up date and keep us posted as much as you can. And when your not too busy fishing all those exotic places, give me a shout and we'll see if we can't go out and get a few. Thanks for the post and great pics!

It sounds to me like you and your wife to be are going to have a year made of dreams come true.

Congrats on the upcoming marriage, the new job and the huge fish... can life get any better???

Cheers,

Jen