Jays opener tomorrow!

Weeds

I'm kinda psyched and somewhat optimistic. Swapped up my cable package so I could pick up the games. I'm disappointed to find they've released Upton, one of the only base stealing threats they had last year. Osuna is also going to start the season on the disabled list. But, still, nice to have the ball game on the set now and then, really makes it feel like spring/summer.

I guess Upton just doesn't fit in with managements strategy. Kind of a shame, speed on the base paths makes for more exciting ball games. And crazy slow? Yeah, that's part of baseballs charm. Nice to catch a few ZZZ's during a game.

Slow isn't the word for the game. In this new immediate instant info world we have, gotta move, and fast, I want it now, I really don't know what Baseball will look like in the future. Will the generation born today support a game like Baseball in 30 years? It may become more popular than ever before, cerebral, strategic, and non violent. Any thoughts?

Thank goodness for Blue Jays in 30 I tell ya. At my time in life I don't want to sit in front of a box for 4 or more hours.

Want to speed up the game? Back in the 60's we played a game where we had 2 pitchers and 2 batters up at the same time and used a Golf ball sometimes. That was a wild fast game, and dangerous. Our parents made us stop. Now that I will watch.

Upton hit under .200 last year for the Jays and hit under .200 with three homers this spring. It's nice to have speed on the base paths, but you have to actually get on base, for that to happen.

His signing was a good idea that cost the Jays very little, with a potential big up-side, unfortunately, the up-side never showed itself.

HH