TV sales adds rant!

wkrp

I personally dont buy anything on these adds . Pots and pans and exercise equipment or any other gadget imaginable and all for the low price of $19.99. Most of these adds ship from Canada but the price is in US dollars. Whats with that? I dont see anything shipping from the US and priced in Canadian dollars, Are we being gouged by our own?

A pal got sucked in when minutes after Indy won the Super Bowl he bought the T shirt and hat. Something like $19.99 and about 70 bucks in shipping and handling goof tax. They price things in US dollars because they can make more money. That crap comes straight from Asia to Canada.

I don't even watch any commercials. I won't watch commercial TV if I can help it. AMC programs, 60 Minutes, national news or sports is about it. I just zone out for the time they are on and couldn't tell you what they were about seconds after. 15 minutes or more of commercials in a 1 hour TV program.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

What bugs me about these stupid ads and commercials, they show you 30 images in less than 15 seconds and expect you

to buy that product, What product is it?? The pictures flick so fast, its almost impossible to see what the are advertising..

Just my beef for today, in MHO.

I personally dont buy anything on these adds . Pots and pans and exercise equipment or any other gadget imaginable and all for the low price of $19.99. Most of these adds ship from Canada but the price is in US dollars. Whats with that? I dont see anything shipping from the US and priced in Canadian dollars, Are we being gouged by our own?

They may be hoping that people don't realize how much they are spending after the exchange.

what get's me going is in the past they were told by the CRT that they cannot raise the volume of TV ad's (so you hear it in the other room as that is when you are likely to get up and do 'something") and that went away for a while but I have a buddy with a S or * branded sat company now in his home and the ad is so loud no matter what channel he has to mute the TV.

Let me look at your gear and tackle and I'll tell pretty quick if you are a sucker for a sales pitch . For years we torrented all the shows we watch and since my wife got a few threatening letters from our isp we now watch our shows on Kodi, except for sports and the mornings news we really are commercial free. I hate that buy your old gold guy on the morning news :wallbash:

Edited by dave524

Let me look at your gear and tackle and I'll tell pretty quick if you are a sucker for a sales pitch . For years we torrented all the shows we watch and since my wife got a few threatening letters from our isp we now watch our shows on Kodi, except for sports and the mornings news we really are commercial free. I hate that buy your old gold guy on the morning news :wallbash:

Dave, just use a vpn like pia and your probs will be gone as no one can read the contents of your packets. $40/year is well worth it. Most people and businesses use them as a privacy feature.

Cheers

Dave, just use a vpn like pia and your probs will be gone as no one can read the contents of your packets. $40/year is well worth it. Most people and businesses use them as a privacy feature.

Cheers

Actually , we wouldn't go back to torrenting, it was a pia to go through our list of shows in the morning and find torrents on EZTV, Pirate's Bay or some other sites with sleazy click bait and pop ups. The shows we watch are now just favourited on the start page of Kodi and away we go.