Reviews of All Weather Tires (Not All Seasons)

huzzsaba

I prefer dedicated winter tires. That said, I haven't tried these " all weather" tires, but I don't think they are as good as true winter tires.

I drive a lot, (80K/yr) and having the best tires I can get is worth it for me. I'm running dunlop sj6's on mine right now and they are great. They are a little noisy, but I kinda like to hear them hum. I don't even know there is snow on the road, even at high speed, and they stop really, really good. HUGE difference from my all season....night and day.

My all seasons last for years, and my winters last for years too, so I don't see any significant gain by going to "all weather" tires.

BTW, my tires are also 235/55/18 and were a little hard to find.

S.

I tested the Hankooks last night when I came around the corner too fast on 6" of packed ice, not a scheduled test. I would have been in the farmers field with a lesser tire.

Get this they are cleaning parking spots in the curb lane with a front end loader and a dump truck in Fisherville last night while Lakeshore Rd has 6 inches of pure ice on it mixed with clean sections and there are 3 foot drifts on Fisherville Rd 5 k's from the village. Idiots.

All weather tires solve the dilemma of driving to Florida in winter. You need winter tires until you get to Tennessee at least but can't drive with them in Florida because you will wear them out in no time in that heat. All weather tires are the answer.

The best snow tires I ever had were Blizzaks on a rear wheel drive BMW. No longer in the budget, nor are BMW's.

Thanks to all who posted in this thread. I guess in conclusion, those who have all weather tires Like them and recommend them and that is good to know.

All weather tires solve the dilemma of driving to Florida in winter. You need winter tires until you get to Tennessee at least but can't drive with them in Florida because you will wear them out in no time in that heat. All weather tires are the answer.

I agree. If I decided to drive down to florida with my winter tires on, I would need earplugs lol.

On another note, I heard of people running Pirelli Scorpions Ice& Snow throughout the year (summer included) without issue of them wearing out fast and no issues with them being noisy. Actually some have said they performed better in summer handling wise than their factory all seasons. Tire rack ranks these very high and 4.5 out of 5. There is even a review from a guy who runs these Pirellis in Florida and loves them!