2019-2020 Hockey Thread

You can stream HD video with 5 mbs if its hardwired (ethernet) is prefered....if you're streaming to a laptop you can get away with less but don`t know the quality of your internet up there....I recently doubled my speed and I see no noticeable difference in quality...

Id be willing to try. Afterall I can stream sports in HD and its literally zero difference in quality vrs satelite.

I went off randys word because he knows what hes talking about and he sets up alot of boxes.

Perhaps I should just go ahead. Worste case scenario it sucks and I can resell it

I forget. Ill test it again. In theory its around 20 but when I tested it a few weeks back I was only getting 3-7/second

Just retested, 3.85 mb/s. Randy recommends at least 15

Is that speed 3.85 Mb/s or 3.85 MB/s

8b's in a B

3.85 MB/s isn't bad for HD streaming.

3.85 Mb/s is quite low, and I wouldn't think be best for HD streaming.

Id be willing to try. Afterall I can stream sports in HD and its literally zero difference in quality vrs satelite.

I went off randys word because he knows what hes talking about and he sets up alot of boxes.

Perhaps I should just go ahead. Worste case scenario it sucks and I can resell it

I have. 6 megabit line (max 550 kbs or so) and I stream 1080p movies to my android box with no issue.

Install kodi on an old laptop, add Exodus manually, and do a test stream if you're not sure.

Then buy a android box, they're awesome.

Forget android boxes..If you have a laptop or computer with HDMI out just install kodi then add on any of the hundreds of good builds available out there..Easy peasy Lemon squeazy....

My android box is awesome. Sure you could use a laptop, but even a used one on Kijiji will be more than the hundred bucks I paid for my android box.

My android box is awesome. Sure you could use a laptop, but even a used one on Kijiji will be more than the hundred bucks I paid for my android box.

Im just recommending the laptop option to those that have one already..Id get the android box over a laptop if I didnt have either..However why spend a red cent if you already have a laptop with HDMI

you should still be able to stick kodi on your phone (if it's android) and cast it to the chromecast. google it. no laptops, no cheesy android boxes.

..or get yourself a raspberry pi if you like to tinker, and stick a linux based kodi build. these android boxes on the market these days are generally pretty poor devices.

Edited by Raf

you should still be able to stick kodi on your phone (if it's android) and cast it to the chromecast. google it. no laptops, no cheesy android boxes.

..or get yourself a raspberry pi if you like to tinker, and stick a linux based kodi build. these android boxes on the market these days are generally pretty poor devices.

I have literally nothing bad to say about mine. It works exactly as advertised.

GBW tried to explain this to me and I was lost. Perhaps I need to revisit the messages or get another tutorial