2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Just waiting for Matt to tell us how the Sens dominated and are the team to beat.

Even though we all know he tuned out as soon as the Sens let in the first goal!!! :tease::tease::tease::tease:

Nope. They just played their game. Can't play Pittsburghs style and expect to win.

It is sad for sure. Conference finals and game 6 with a few empty seats, not a lot but any is too much.

I was doing some checking and this is likely a huge part of it.

1. Ottawa is a smaller market, no question about that. At one million people it is likely one of the smaller markets in the league but growing.
  2. Ticket prices are from $200 to $930 each so figure mid range seats will cost a couple 2@ $450 =$900 for one game.
  3. They raised the parking from $20 to $30 for the playoffs, a 50% increase......GREED!
  4. Beers are $11 each and a hotdog will set you back $6.
  5. With tickets, parking and a snack and 3-4 beers each, a game will set you back over $1000.

Now I don't know about the laffites on here but I know I can't afford a thousand bucks a game for a hockey game. And certainly not more than one game a playoffs. I can't imagine dropping $5000 on 5 or six games. :dunno: I like to go the tropics in the winter so that is where I choose to spend my money.

Actually you laffites probably could afford it, you have been saving your money for 50 years :w00t::rofl2:

Seriously though, my uncle lives in the GTA, is a huge laffs fan and doesn't go to the games because of the cost. I would assume this is common for all or most of the guys on here.

Big difference is more big spenders in Toronto and all the little guys get left out.

So then that is on the Sens management. I'm of the impression the customer is always right, but if you have empty seats in the first round and you don't adjust your ticket prices accordingly, you are doing a terrible job at running a business.

I know for regular season games at the Joe in Detroit, if there were seats left, tickets went for $30. First come, first serve. I always say 25% of something is better then 100% of nothing.

It is sad for sure. Conference finals and game 6 with a few empty seats, not a lot but any is too much.

1. Ottawa is a smaller market, no question about that. At one million people it is likely one of the smaller markets in the league but growing.
  2. Ticket prices are from $200 to $930 each so figure mid range seats will cost a couple 2@ $450 =$900 for one game.
  3. They raised the parking from $20 to $30 for the playoffs, a 50% increase......GREED!
  5. With tickets, parking and a snack and 3-4 beers each, a game will set you back over $1000.

Now I don't know about the laffites on here but I know I can't afford a thousand bucks a game for a hockey game. And certainly not more than one game a playoffs. I can't imagine dropping $5000 on 5 or six games. :dunno: I like to go the tropics in the winter so that is where I choose to spend my money.

Actually you laffites probably could afford it, you have been saving your money for 50 years :w00t::rofl2:

Seriously though, my uncle lives in the GTA, is a huge laffs fan and doesn't go to the games because of the cost. I would assume this is common for all or most of the guys on here.

Big difference is more big spenders in Toronto and all the little guys get left out.

Still cheaper than a Leaf's playoff game!

I was at game three of the Leaf's playoff run. My buddy has been a season's ticket holder for years. Face value of the ticket was not mentioned on the actual ticket, but past experience tells me they were about $400 a pop.

Four beers with tip was close to $75. Food is stupid expensive. The place was packed.I would much rather watch it on TV.

HH

200 for a ticket?

look how low ottawa fans are willing to go to make excuses for their pathetic fan base.

I was on ticket master at 3 oclock yesterday afternoon, plenty of tickets available for 120 bucks from the box office.

You could sit lower bowl for 300...so dont give me any of this crap about it being expensive. Last time I went to a leaf game i paid 110 to sit in the upper bowl on a tuesday night. No one cares about the sens...thats the problem.

$6 for a hot dog...oh poor you...i know that you guys are used to eating your wieners for free...

Edited by AKRISONER

Bull!!!!

Cheapest seats for Leafs 1st round were $500 each.

And get this, the games were sold out instantly!!!

There is tons of $$$$ in Ottawa as that's where all our hard earned money goes!!!!

Just ask your buddy Justin!!! :tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

I for one could never afford to attend an NHL game and would choose not to even if I could afford it. Professional sports is all out of whack when it comes to contracts and what's expected from the fans. However, it appears that many don't mind throwing away $$$$$$, then more $$$$ on food and beer .

I do take free tickets when offered though LOL, that's about the only way I will attend.

200 for a ticket?

look how low ottawa fans are willing to go to make excuses for their pathetic fan base.

I was on ticket master at 3 oclock yesterday afternoon, plenty of tickets available for 120 bucks from the box office.

You could sit lower bowl for 300...so dont give me any of this crap about it being expensive. Last time I went to a leaf game i paid 110 to sit in the upper bowl on a tuesday night. No one cares about the sens...thats the problem.

$6 for a hot dog...oh poor you...i know that you guys are used to eating your wieners for free...

Blah blah blah....isn't it golfing season for you?? :clapping::wallbash:

Have your facts straight before exposing your whining to the public. Why would you be trolling ticketmaster if you don't care and are a laffs fan? :blahblah1:

Have your facts straight before exposing your whining to the public. Why would you be trolling ticketmaster if you don't care and are a laffs fan? :blahblah1:

Yeah, yeah...let's get back to the really important topic...wieners. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

because i wanted proof of just how pathetic it is.

120 bucks for game 6 of the conference finals? even vancouver sells out conference final games.

Long and the short of it is, Ottawa is still in the playoffs, hopefully they can end their terrible game 7 record and make it to the finals.. You have at least 1 leafs fan rooting for you Ottawa, don't $*#& it up!

I heard a stat today that Anderson is a perfect 7-0 in game 7's.

I can't imagine how poor the viewership is going to be if it's a Preds - Sens final. Seriously, who is really going to care at that point? Ottawa doesn't care NOW going by the number of empty seats and the Preds, well, they're a US team that's not an original 6. YAWN!!!!! I'll bet the NHL management team is praying the Pens win so Ottawa doesn't sink the revenues.

Edited by grimsbylander

You guys make me laugh :clapping: so much hate and jealousy it's comical.

Your team sucks for 50 years and yet you channel your discontent towards a team that is having an awesome season.

Poor little laffites, maybe one of these decades you night see some success.

GO SENS GO