Rapala rods

captpierre

Good score.. I have 3 Rapala rods.. a 7'3' shift and 2 7' R-Type matched with the Rapala reels... Love them, use them every outing..

I bought 4 St. Croix rods and paired them with Quantum Accurist AC25 PTIA reels 2 of which are the KVD series earlier this summer.

Wife loves hers, she uses them all the time.. Mine sit in the boat.. I think I've thrown them 2-3 times this year... Don't get me wrong.. They are super rods and paired nicely, but there's something that just gets me using my Rapala's all the time..

Tiz

Wife loves hers, she uses them all the time.. Mine sit in the boat.. I think I've thrown them 2-3 times this year... Don't get me wrong.. They are super rods and paired nicely, but there's something that just gets me using my Rapala's all the time..

Tiz

Fishing memories of a great catch do that to me too.

I have not used one (rapala rod) but I find my mid grade line of rods cast and play fish just as well as my better rods. In my mid grade line or rod's I have only broken one due to MY fault so enjoy the new rod. It comes down to the reel and line that I use with said rod that makes me confidant with a sub $100 rod. Oh and I'm cheep too... LOL

Picked up a Rapala "Walleye" rod.

LeBaron sale.

I heard that they weren't that good initially.

Have they improved?

Will use it for jigging/drop shotting. 6ft 10 in.

$88 - 20% off

Also picked up a reel for it.

Wanted another Shimano Symmetre.

Rep said they were discontinued and replaced with NASCI model.

Hope it's as good. Don't like the gold on it but seems solid.

Anybody have a NASCI?

All my rods are cheap, but I use good reels. The reel is the key anyways. I rarely break a rod, and when I do its an expensive one....of course. I have two shimano clarus rods at shimano right now being replaced under warranty...lol.

I can't even remember what kind of rod I use most of the time, but its an off brand....maybe abu...I dunno,but it works great and I like it. My GF uses a Rapala magnum musky rod, and so far so good. Also have another rapala that my son loves....works fine, but they all have good reels.

Its not the rod that catches the fish, its the guy/girl operating it!

S.

S.