Who are you using for boat insurance?

Fish4Eyes

What do you want insurance to cover. At over 15 years old I would think liability would be enough. Won't they insure for that at ant age?

Excuse me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure what you need

What do you want insurance to cover. At over 15 years old I would think liability would be enough. Won't they insure for that at ant age?

Excuse me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure what you need

My boat is a '91 and is fully insured.

If my boat sinks I'll get a cheque for nearly $40K.

My boat is a '91 and is fully insured.

If my boat sinks I'll get a cheque for nearly $40K.

Hasn't sunk in 25 years, what are the chances of that happening vrs the insurance costs

Who here doesn't have insurance?

From what I understand it's not mandatory in Ontario.

My boat probably isn't worth the cost of insuring against loss, but I am thinking about adding liability coverage. Just wondering who has it and who doesn't......

Who here doesn't have insurance?

From what I understand it's not mandatory in Ontario.

My boat probably isn't worth the cost of insuring against loss, but I am thinking about adding liability coverage. Just wondering who has it and who doesn't......

I went about 20+ years without insurance in my old but, but now with the new rig I have insurance again.

Hasn't sunk in 25 years, what are the chances of that happening vrs the insurance costs

At $350 a year for full coverage it's a no brainer!!!!

Storm damage, sinking, hit a shoal, theft........................ any number of things could happen.

The peace of mind that I'm covered should something happen is worth more than a buck a day if you ask me.

I went about 20+ years without insurance in my old but, but now with the new rig I have insurance again.

I was trying to hold off until I upgrade the boat someday but this thread got me thinking. Still haven't made up my mind.

I had it for the first few years but at $350 a year for my boat its not worth it.

For $40,000 replacement, sure but for $15,000 eh, maybe but I am starting to hate giving them so much money for so many things

If it was a big fast boat in a high traffic area I would but .....

Edited by Dara

Check if you can put a rider on your house policy to cover the boat?

My old tinny was valued at 9 grand; which allowed (because of its low value) me to add liability and comp to the house insurance. While towing the boat its covered by the tow vehicle's insurance; just check with your broker as to what is or isn't covered and add riders if possible to the different policies.

Dan.

Check if you can put a rider on your house policy to cover the boat?

My old tinny was valued at 9 grand; which allowed (because of its low value) me to add liability and comp to the house insurance. While towing the boat its covered by the tow vehicle's insurance; just check with your broker as to what is or isn't covered and add riders if possible to the different policies.

Dan.

I asked my old broker and they said my old tinner with a 20 on it was covered under my umbrella liability.

I'm with allstate now and they said I would have to buy a separate policy because I have a 40 on my boat now.

I ain't worried about the boat, its motor theft that I am worried about. Just bought a new 40hp yammy and Terrova and the boat sits at the dock at my trailer. Not worried about liability either.

Edited by Fish4Eyes