How do I clean cork handles?

Big Cliff

ya'll are crazy!!!

first it was how to clean the carpet in your boat....now its how to clean the cork on your rod....

Do you guys wash and clean your lures as well?

Or maybe next its how to clean your survival suit...

:) :) :)

I'm in this fan club!

S.

Over the many years of using cork handle rods, especially if minnow are used like fishing for Lake Erie perch, I have found the very best way to clean the handle and the rest of the rod is to take it in the shower with you.

A lite SOS pad on ONLY the cork will bring it back to new in about 1 minute and then using a wash cloth with soap will get most of the minnow scales off the rest of the rod. Don't use anything but soap and a wash cloth on the rod blank or you will take off the finish.

Over the many years of using cork handle rods, especially if minnow are used like fishing for Lake Erie perch, I have found the very best way to clean the handle and the rest of the rod is to take it in the shower with you.

My wife drew the line at sleeping in the boat, watching TV with my reels and dancing around on opening day.

My wife drew the line at sleeping in the boat, watching TV with my reels and dancing around on opening day.

My wife is pretty understanding but when I turned 65 she said I had to stop dancing around nude on opening day, I can still dance around but I have to be wearing something; now if I could only figure out where my speedo went, she swears she hasn't seen it!