Icy Soul

MJL

Thanks guys...Glad you enjoyed the pics. With the milder temps this winter, it was the first year that my camera didn't freeze into a solid block of ice when I took it out of the hole :lol:

Those are great shots bud. Maybe I can get into one of them this fall. :whistling::D

Brian, it's not like I didn't have my camera gear with me last fall...You do need to catch a fish first...Just saying... :whistling:

:P

amazing as always Mike - very nice. We have to do a Lake Erie II (or if O cooperates a day fish closer to home) this year, see if we cant find the target species... or at least something (yes, even a baaaaaa, ok?) worth getting a photo of.

I've actually never caught that many sheepies or white bass in one day before...It was certainly one of my most favourite trips of 2015 :D

I've got a few photography ideas to try out this season on the boat :)

You have more than just a knack Mike. Talent.

x2

Absolutely beautiful shots man--Icy Gator-Kick for Freedom--if you ever produce posters-Kindly let me know-love to have a couple for our our office-Thanks !

Thanks again guys. Really appreciate it :)

One day I'd like to publish a book of my own on the various freshwater fish species found in Ontario. It's been a dream that I've had since I was a kid. This year my goal is to try to get as many pictures as I can of muskies, pike, walleye, panfish, smallmouth bass and various minnow species. I'm not much of a multi-species angler yet so we'll see :)

Those pics and others you have should be made into sealed Art posters. Have you had them published? If not you should. Another Dragon's Den contestant here. Come on guys lets back him here. I know there's $$ to be made.

I have had a few pictures published in magazines and books in the UK and US (primarily for carp fishing). I've been contacted by several Canadian/US based magazines over the past few years. We'll see how that goes :)

Absolutely beautiful shots man--Icy Gator-Kick for Freedom--if you ever produce posters-Kindly let me know-love to have a couple for our our office-Thanks !

Thanks for your kind words. In the past I've had a few pictures printed to hang on the wall as gifts as well as sold a few bigger prints to friends. It costed more than I would've liked. It's definitely an idea that I haven't stopped thinking about though. I did print out one of my trout pictures as a gift and gave it to a property owner on one of my favourite steelhead rivers...Nothing like scoring private access that I can fish in solitude :D

I do have a basic web-site up and running but it's primarily a small portfolio of my work to show interested editors or writers. Maybe one day I'll have a retail store (I haven't decided yet).

Thanks again guys

Mike

MJL your pics rock totally

I really zoned in on 2, 4, and 10

2 looks like something Captain Kirk would encounter, flying through the galaxies while manning his spaceship on Star Trek

4 and 10 just plain say if u dont get outdoors u dont know what your missing

2 questions, what type of camera do u use and would u consider making up a callender pm if u wish

Awesome kick ass photography, truly over the top, what a treat thanks for sharing

Edited by mr blizzard

Thanks guys :)

MJL your pics rock totally

I really zoned in on 2, 4, and 10

2 looks like something Captain Kirk would encounter, flying through the galaxies while manning his spaceship on Star Trek

4 and 10 just plain say if u dont get outdoors u dont know what your missing

2 questions, what type of camera do u use and would u consider making up a callender pm if u wish

Awesome kick ass photography, truly over the top, what a treat thanks for sharing

Thanks John,

I used 2 cameras with a few different lenses in this thread:

Above water: Canon 5D mark III with either a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II or a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens.

Underwater: Canon 7D with an 8-15mm f/4L fisheye (I also sometimes use a Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 or an EF 60mm f/2.8 macro depending on the situation). I use an underwater housing + dome port + various accessories to keep everything dry.

I've thought about having my pictures printed in calendars in the past. Still thinking about various themes for each month.LOL

Calendars really work well.

In 2011 I ensured I caught one good fish from every month of the year....

than put it together for a 2012 calendar and had it printed out at a proper print shop....

It turned out awesome, and it garnered much interest.