RANT!!!

Roe Bag

I'm sorry you even read this. Even sorrier for your reply! You have no clue. I don't think you really read this. Just picked out the highlights to find some crap to chuck. I spent much money there over the years making purchases. Not renting space! And, yes I was satisfied! Now he has me dancing to his tune. Packs everything in like sardines. Total disregard for access for anyone. Then covers his ass with an obscure little clause on the back of the page.

​Boat removal is based on a mutually agreed upon date providing there is reasonable access to the boat.

​Who's responsible for reasonable access. Sure as heck ain't me.

Spoiled brat indeed.

Wow, sorry I miss judged you so badly "I'd expect to meet a spoiled brat (which I'm sure you aren't)"! You sure cleared that up in a hurry!

$400 for 4 or 5 months and you expect a clear path to the door? If he needs to move the other boats for 3 hours (@ $90 to $125 an hour at any marina) he'd be in the hole pretty quickly if everyone wanted their boat out from the back. My guys pay $250 a MONTH to store their airplanes, they fully understand that first in usually means last out... but if the yard is dry enough I'll pull them out and rotate. But again I'm getting ~ $1500 each from them for a winter.

$400 for 4 or 5 months and you expect a clear path to the door? If he needs to move the other boats for 3 hours (@ $90 to $125 an hour at any marina) he'd be in the hole pretty quickly if everyone wanted their boat out from the back. My guys pay $250 a MONTH to store their airplanes, they fully understand that first in usually means last out... but if the yard is dry enough I'll pull them out and rotate. But again I'm getting ~ $1500 each from them for a winter.

Had he been up front with me in the first place. He wouldn't have my boat or my $400. In fact we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Like I said. Unchartered waters. Never sailed this course before. Had no idea what these clowns are getting away with.

End of story!

Edited by Roe Bag

How many boats are in the way?

Don't even know where his storage area is. Much less, how many boats! Trusted this guy. Never had any beefs. In fact when he handed me the contract to sign, I chuckled. Uttering something like "like we really need this". That's the kind of relationship I thought we had!

Don't even know where his storage area is. Much less, how many boats! Trusted this guy. Never had any beefs. In fact when he handed me the contract to sign, I chuckled. Uttering something like "like we really need this". That's the kind of relationship I thought we had!

You dont know where your boat is?

Hmmmm

...Trusted this guy. Never had any beefs. In fact when he handed me the contract to sign, I chuckled. Uttering something like "like we really need this". That's the kind of relationship I thought we had!

If I had a relationship like this with the marina etc, I'd be inclined to cut them some slack. Goes both ways obviously but maybe it's because this was the first time you stored there, this collision of expectations happened. Go back and ask nicely if there's any way he can help a bother out.

If I had a relationship like this with the marina etc, I'd be inclined to cut them some slack. Goes both ways obviously but maybe it's because this was the first time you stored there, this collision of expectations happened. Go back and ask nicely if there's any way he can help a bother out.

If we had the relationship I thought we had he would have been up front. Shoulda told me March would be a problem. He wouldn't have my money or my boat.

Simple as that!

What contract is that? The one where he digs a hole. Buries it and waits for it to crawl out in the Spring.

The very least I would expect is maintain reasonable access for everyone. Not a lot to ask for $400.

I think it is a lot to ask for $400. That is not a high number for winter storage.

There are a couple of ways that he can provide access to your boat.

• One would be to have a lot fewer boats in storage so that he could leave room to access and remove boats when requested by the owners. Fewer boats would mean less revenue. If he has to turn away potential customers (and the associated revenue) to maintain this level of service, then the customers that he does accept should expect to pay a premium price for this level of service. $400 for the season is not a premium price.
  • The other way he could provide this service would be for him to be prepared to jockey boats around (assuming that he has available space) whenever a customer wants their boat. This would require a lot of work hours jockeying boats. If he was to do this, then his customers should expect to pay for these hours; either as part of the storage price, or when they request that their boat be removed from storage. If he had this built in to the price you would be paying a lot more than $400 for the season.
  • In either case, if you want winter storage with the ability to remove the boat whenever you want, you should expect to pay more than $400.

However, if he did tell you that you could get your boat in March, then you do have a valid complaint. I wouldn't expect him to remove everyboat in the building to get at mine first; but, I would expect him to be honest about when I can expect to be able to pick up the boat.

If he had been upfront, then perhaps you could have arranged for your boat to be put in last so it would be the first one out. Although, this may have meant not putting it into storage as soon as you wanted to; or, pay a premium for moving your boat out of the way everytime he added a new boat.

p.s. If you don't know where the boat is then he may be outsourcing this have be at the mercy of someone else. Depending on where it is located he may also have to wait for the ground to dry out before he can begin removing boats.

Edited by JohnBacon