Best Way to spend a day off work

Acountdeleted

Long days at work, a winter too warm for safe ice, I have been saving a lieu day for about 2 months now when I finally decided that enough was enough and that I was going ice fishing.

Thecday got off to a terrible start. Slept in, got stuck in traffic and couldn't find the parking lot. It was 8am before I even set foot on ice. It felt like it was going to be one of those days.

Got about 100m off of shore and set up in about 8 FOW. Lots of action down below. A lil foxie with a minnow landed me a few perch. Nothing big.

Looking on Navionics I found a spot about a kilometere away that looked perfect. All the fishing magazines always talk about this. A shoal that goes up to 3 FOW with a big drop off.

I made my way over andcset up my set line for larger fish and kept jigging with my foxie for perch. I saw a school come in on my flasher and started enticing them.

Feeling weight on the line I realized it wasn't a school of perch.

photo%201_zpsu9l0kj6i.jpg

I didn't realize at the time but it was about 19 inches. Sweet!

Something strange happened this day, I did everything thecfishing mags tell me to do AND IT WORKED!

photo%203_zpsciwo1zrj.jpg

I fished for about 3-4 hours, landed 3 walleye and lost about 5 more. What a great day.

My highlight was this pig. Couldn't contain my excitement when it came out of the hole.

photo%204_zpsu4bhuget.jpg

I figure probably around 4lbs.

Word to the wise, a lot of the ice I was on was 5-7 inches of good black ice but I still found a few spots of 2 inch white 'crust'. Lots of good fishing opportunities out there but play safe.

Fantastic to read about someone's success today. Rather than breaking a foot because he's too lazy to use a door the way it was designed to work.

The guys and gals here are Jonesin because of no ice fishing. How much for a flight from Ont. to Edmonton, West Jet out of Hamilton maybe?. They could fill the plane.

Fantastic to read about someone's success today. Rather than breaking a foot because he's too lazy to use a door the way it was designed to work.

The guys and gals here are Jonesin because of no ice fishing. How much for a flight from Ont. to Edmonton, West Jet out of Hamilton maybe?. They could fill the plane.

Zing!???

Those are some good size walters!!!