The new GEN2 FUEL,clam adaptor,8" finbor 3 , is for real

misfish

You really need to have this this cutting machine in your hands, to really see/feel, the power and how this unit is so easy and quick to auger a hole. Lots of talk about the combination of cost compared to the gassers and new electric augers. It,s the same as a cheap gasser these days, yet you have the use of the drill for home jobs.

I can tell you HONESTLY, it is money well spent, and the cutting quickness of this set up is, UNREAL.

Over 40+ hole through 10" of ice this morning, and still had half the battery life left.

Love the new set up.

You really need to have this this cutting machine in your hands, to really see/feel, the power and how this unit is so easy and quick to auger a hole. Lots of talk about the combination of cost compared to the gassers and new electric augers. It,s the same as a cheap gasser these days, yet you have the use of the drill for home jobs.

I can tell you HONESTLY, it is money well spent, and the cutting quickness of this set up is, UNREAL.

Over 40+ hole through 10" of ice this morning, and still had half the battery life left.

Love the new set up.

I think, after a year and a half lol, youve got me sold.

I love my shark and its fantastic, super reliable and i got it a a steal, but anytime you can lower the weight im good with that.

Next year though?

ToolGuyd > Power Tools > Cordless > First-Look at the New Milwaukee 2nd-Gen M18 Fuel Brushless Drill (2703) and Hammer Drill (2704)
First-Look at the New Milwaukee 2nd-Gen M18 Fuel Brushless Drill (2703) and Hammer Drill (2704)

JUNE 20, 2015 STUART 43 COMMENTS

Milwaukee-2703-and-2704-M18-Fuel-Brushle

Milwaukee held their 2015 New Product Symposium last week, where they showed off a lot of new tools that will be hitting the market in the second half of 2015 and in early 2016. I was able to attend this year, and boy was it a busy and productive day and a half.

There is so much to cover that I had to break things down into separate posts. Without further ado, let’s start off by getting into the nitty-gritty about Milwaukee’s 2nd-gen M18 Fuel brushless drill and hammer drill.

For a taste of some of the other posts that are in the works, check out our brief 15-image teaser post of the event. And to follow the continued coverage, check out our Milwaukee New Product Symposium 2015 section.

2ND-GEN M18 FUEL INTRO

Milwaukee recently revealed their new second generation M18 Fuel brushless drills and impact tools. Their Gen1 Fuel drill/driver has been at the top of our best cordless drills recommendation post for a couple of years now, and their Gen1 impact driver is at the top of our best impact drivers post as well.

Then Gen1 tools are choc-full of premium features and are quite powerful. To be honest, I didn’t think they were getting long in the tooth, not at all. But Milwaukee wanted to keep driving forward with new innovations, and I must say – they didn’t disappoint; the new 2nd-gen models look and feel absolutely incredible.

Also, all of the new kits will ship with 5.0Ah XC Li-ion battery packs. There will also of course be bare tool options.

NOTE: When you see a photo with 2 drills or impact drivers compared side by side, the Gen1 model is on the LEFT, and the 2nd-gen model is on the RIGHT.
2ND-GEN M18 FUEL DRILL AND HAMMER DRILL

Hey Mr. B Thanx for your info. I am considering a cordless set up. I presently own a Fin Bore 111 ( roman numerals) 8". Also a Jiffy gas 2 hp, 9" stealth blade. I have a dewalt 20 volt cordless drill & the matching impact driver. Awesome for carpentry work. Would my Dewalt be powerful enough to auger some holes? Model # DCD 780 1/2" chuck with 2 lithium Ion batteries. The impact driver is model #DCF 885 just noticed it's only 1/4" chuck?? It's OK, it will drive 3" screws all day long. I don't mind spending the $$ on the new Milwaukee you are recommending, I'm presently performing a renovation in my basement & an extra drill will be beneficial rather than changing screw bits from the green Robertson to the red Robertson, just change out the drill!! You can never have too many tools. Thanx for your comments. What is the price of the Milwaukee?

I just have a standard Milwaukee M18 compact and it cuts like gangbusters with a 6 inch cheapo shaver auger. I'm going to fabricate an adapter for my nils master and I think it will be amazing. I imagine the fuel would be something else. Still like the fact that we have a gasser. Last winter we buried it to the powerhead several times.

The battery is a big part of the game as well. The 4 and 5 ah is the ticket . In the dewalt series, you want to use the 18V Battery for DeWALT DC9096-1 18V XRP Batteries. More capacity. I still have my 18 volt that I used for 2 years. I have it now to make quick work for the anchoring screws. It sound like Im doing construction. Brian the toolman. ug ug ug. LOL

I got my standard M18 in a kit with 3 batteries and an impact driver for $180 plus tax. It's not a fuel, but it cuts through ice easily with 6 inch auger. And I use it around the house all the time. I'm sure the fuel is nice, and probably is needed if you want to use an 8 inch. But for a 6 I wouldn't bother.

Edited by porkpie

here is what you want for dewalt

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00QQZ7TZM?psc=1

2 x ExpertPower® 18v 3000mAh NiMh Power Tool Battery for Dewalt DW9096 DW9095 DW9098 DC9096 DE9039 DE9095 DE9096 DE9098

Thx, Terry.

I have a DW9099 batt and it's apparently 1.3 amp-hrs. Not sure how many holes I would get from that. I bought an adapter to fit it last year but I found it tricky to use---e.g. if the auger got stuck at all it would wrench right out of my hand and there was a danger of straining/tearing a tendon if I didn't let go quickly. I hear the Clam adapter plate solves that prob and is much easier to use. Not sure if I want to buy one though if I only get a 1/2 doz holes on my 6" auger.

Comments? thx

http://www.amazon.ca/DeWalt-DW9099-Battery-Replacement-1300mAh/dp/B00W4CECTW

I guess it depends a lot on your drill. With 8-10 inches of ice I can get about 18 holes with a 1.5AH battery, and 25 or so with a 2.0AH battery. It probably has something to do with how new your batteries are as well I'm sure.

I'm bet with the 5.0ah battery I could get a ton of holes , but I have no intention because we have a gas auger. I bought my drill for around the house, the auger thing is just a side benefit.

Love the idea as well,bought my Jiffy 2 years ago,runs well,$100.00. At this point I will continue to use my Makita and Milwaukee for work only. The smitty brings it out very easily. Next time,will definitely consider the battery option when this auger is finished.