david bowie passed away !!!

fishindevil

I never "got him" until years after he wasn't putting music out regularly. I'm talking 70's and early 80's. Always appreciated the music but didn't like the theatrics until latter as I said. The documentary out recently (2 yrs?) was fantastic. Too young, too sad. He was a great actor as well.

David was an outrageously brilliant songwriter, as well as performer. His golden era of 'The Man Who Sold The World' through to 'Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)' in the 70's contains much of the most brilliant pop and rock and roll (and everything in between) I've ever heard. His influence is heard in everything from bubblegum pop to heavy metal, and his sex, drugs, and rock and roll debauchery in his heyday surpassed just about anyone else this world has ever seen. A true legend in every sense of the word, and it sounds as though his last album released just a few days is absolutely great, apparently the best thing hes done in years.

I found it funny last night, I was talking to my wife and said I wasn't a huge fan and didn't like his music and couldn't really think of any of his songs. Until every channel on the radio was playing something different song, and I knew it, and I liked it.

I guess I never really looked into just how much this artist provided to the music scene over the years.