Ideas to stop carbides from gouging wood trailer deck

mr blizzard

Bought a new rainbow atv/sled trailer from down south in Alta in the summer

It has a steel pull out ramp at the rear, its a flat bed trailer no tilt

Question

Royal has a super glide 11 pro kit for the ramp BUT could I get away with ripping 2 long 1/4 inch strips of plywood PER ski with a half inch gap between them so the carbide would not touch the trailer deck and stick.. I would need 4 strips per sled

It would be cheaper

Thoughts and experience appreciated

Happy New Year

John

Old sliders.

Not sure what you have for clearance on the pull out ramp but on my fold up ramp I had expanded metal and the runners stuck to the steel. I put 2x4's on to lift the ski's but the ski's stuck to the wood so I put old sliders on the wood. It all guided me right up.

I actually got in trouble once in a western tire.

The salesman was selling a guy the UHMW slides for a plastic Otter sleigh for about $80.00

I got him aside and told him to just use old sliders that snowmobile shops toss out.

Man was that salesman mad at me when he walked out with nothing

Thx everyone for your ideas

Kinda like the bed liner idea but up here they are as rare as a dodo bird but would be a great fix

Might have to go with plywood strips or just snow

Thx again. Getting a little tired of walking out on the ice when there are to older decent sleds in the yard and a good trailer sitting in the driveway lol

Thx everyone for your ideas

Kinda like the bed liner idea but up here they are as rare as a dodo bird but would be a great fix

Might have to go with plywood strips or just snow

Thx again. Getting a little tired of walking out on the ice when there are to older decent sleds in the yard and a good trailer sitting in the driveway lol

There has to be half of one laying around in a junk yard somewhere? Last year I paid $20 for two, but I had to remove them from the trucks myself.

I have a 6 x 10 enclosed trailer with a high value anti slip rubber membrane to protect the deck so when I bought my sled last year I had to be sure the carbides wouldn't tear up the membrane. I simply cut some 60" x 10" strips and screwed them down and it works great. Decent for the ATV, but it wants to move around a bit more so I use a couple extra straps.

Strips of bedliner can be zip tied to ATV loading ramps so you can use the same ramps all year...

Ch312 we just have a couple of very small wreckers up here but I will check again. Sounds like it would do the trick the way u described for your trailer

Fisherman this also I will see if a wrecker has one in alta. maybe get one cheap and have sent up on a transport

Thx both of u