Help with new rod!

Garcia96

Yup be careful when purchasing on line from the USA. I just learned the hard way. New inflatable PFD regular $200 on sale 1/2 price - $99.00. with shipping 26 bux + exchange on the dollar they billed my visa $176.00! That's not all. I just received a bill from UPS. The bill states I owe them another $41.00 for import duties & brokerage fees & of course HST! So the total for a 99 dollar PFD is now $217.00! Do your best to shop at your local tackle shop.

Yep. This holds true. There ways around it sometimes, not always.

If you are fishing xraps spinners etc in grand, but also want something beauty for everything...a proper medium/fast anywhere from 6'4-7'2 will work, and they pop up often. Heck, buy a used or new cheaper ml rod and a medium, and see which u use most, then sell the other/uupgrade accordingly. I will point out that a ballistic will drop in $$ on resale incase u dont like it....hard.

As mention before, Natural Sports in Kitchener is very close to you and has quite an awesome selection. You can even call Neslon before you make the drive out to see if he has your model in stock.

Also, have you shopped the new Sail store in Cambridge? A good place to try, as well.

Ps.. Ooops sorry, I see you already checked with Natural Sports for the rod. Anyhoo, I was in there a few weeks ago and was very impressed with their reel selection. Lots of choice and they had a lot on sale as well.

PPS.. I wade the Grand a lot too. Try adding a twister tail grub and jig combo to your attack. And 1/8th once jig will stay above all that matted weed on your retrieve and has accounted for a lot of bass for me.

Edited by Mike Pike

If you read every reel website they are all super smooth. All the more reason to put one in your hand and feel it. I have held some very expensive reels that just don't fit my paw.

Yes, hence why I buy online ONLY if I've held it. I walked BPS for 2 hours one day when I found the reel I wanted to find the right rod to match it with.

Mike the pike I'm going to Try calling natural sports tomorrow. And I buy all my tackle at sail in Cambridge. They just didn't have the rod and reel I looking for. If I don't go with the shimano I will probably go to sail to find another rod. Was also interested in the fenwrick elite bass rod. And I love wading with grubs. Smallest inhale them! And GBW & old iron maker of course I will feel the rod with reel. Both stores In Hamilton have the reels in stock and few zodias left.

Downriggin junkie, those fenwrick bass elite rods good for pike too . I mainly target smallmouth and trying for pike. You think it's a good all specie rod? Maybe medium or medium light with 2500 reel

Wrong guy to ask, while I fish for pike and bass, I don't have speciality rods for them, nor have I looked into them as I don't fish for them often enough to justify the outlay. Although I did pick up a crucial through a friend I met on OFC. I saw you mentioned you might be interested in an elite in your previous post. I picked up a couple of the walleye elites just before Xmas and at that time he had a couple bass elites for sale. At % off, it's hard to go wrong. And you are supporting a local vendor, not some foreign owned mega corporation that takes the profits out of Canada. I believe it is important we support our local guys, who are after all our neighbours, for many reasons.

Sorry spincast for the mix confusion :s lol if I go with the elite bass tech I think I'll go with the 6'9" medium moderate-fast rod. Smallies for sure and pike if I can find them. And thanks for the advice guys ! Great help and outgoing. Makes me like OFC even more! Tomcat you caught pike on the elite tech?