Lake Ontario Salmon & Trout Report

fishindevil

Well i started out this morning going to go fish bronte for salmon and instead went to my fav spot instead port darlington,hit the water about 5:45am,and after talking on the VHF radio to my buds in the port darlington salmon fleet,most were heading out to start in about 80FOW...so off we went i started to use a dreamweaver,black/silver ladderback spoon,down at 60ft,and on the other side a dipsey diver #3 setting with a green/chartreuse spin doctor,with an ATOMIK salmon fly,down at about 50ft,well it didnt take long and i had a nice fish on, and she hit the spoon,that fish was a nice king .at 15lbs,a few pics and back she went,next fish was a big king ,my big fish of the day at 23.5lbs....nice fight in 47degree water,again he hit the spoon,.he did a few line smoking 100yrd runs,gave the diawa sealine a good workout too.......had to keep him as he was bleeding bad,well about 20mins later anothe fish on...this time off goes the dipsey rod,and man do they ever smash a fly hard....a bueaty rainbow about 12lbs.....she went crazy,about 8 jumps in all....man do they get the heartbeat ever pumping...she was landede did some pics,and away she went,then it was.about 2hrs later and now im almost in front of oshawa,i trolled all way from bowmanville,from about 75ft of water out to almost 100ft of water...marked a few real big hooks and even a few pods of bait...so i just kept at them till finally another fish....he hit the spoon again still every fish on the spoon came at 60ft....he was a nice fish and peeled line of a few times too,he was about 10lbs.....great silver looking healthy fish....he was released as well....then on the way back to port d...i hit another fish,and lost it....had him on for about 1min....i seen a few jumps back about 300ft and thought it was prob.a nice rainbow,as they love to hit the surface big time....so all in all being out by myself it was VERY HARD WORK landing them and taking pics and getting my team 3 banner in there and letting them go...so here is a few entries for our team guys...GO TEAM3 FIN-CHASERS..so here is some pics of all my hard work.....cheers

salmonfishingpics055.jpg

salmonfishingpics043.jpg

salmonfishingpics042.jpg

salmonfishingpics027.jpg

salmonfishingpics022.jpg

salmonfishingpics023.jpg

salmonfishingpics013.jpg

salmonfishingpics014.jpg

salmonfishingpics031.jpg

salmonfishingpics033.jpg

salmonfishingpics034.jpg

salmonfishingpics045.jpg

salmonfishingpics019.jpg

salmonfishingpics025.jpg

salmonfishingpics048.jpg

salmonfishingpics020.jpg

salmonfishingpics007.jpg

salmonfishingpics004.jpg

salmonfishingpics006.jpg

salmonfishingpics014.jpg

salmonfishingpics037.jpg

salmonfishingpics058.jpg

Awesome fish.... It never ceases to amaze me that such a polluted body of water still offers up great sportfishing time and again... Beautiful rainbow and silvers.... My hat is off to ya for the effort you put in today... Only wish I coulda been there :( Maybe sometime someone will go fishing with me... I put up a post yesterday for an outing today with no responses.... :( Maybe I have to get to know everyone more.... Hope to one day be worthy enough. :) lol

Edited by Manitoba Rob

Excellent report and love the pics. :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for sharing. Keep those inches coming. Quick question...How many inches are you claiming for the salmon and how many inches are you claiming for the trout? I will add them to the board under Team 3 "Fin-Chasers".

Thanks

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Nice job out there!

Those sonar shots convinced me to install my 50/200 transducer. I keep hearing "lack of detail" on 50 kHz but yours is finding baitfish and t-clines just fine. Do you find the cone angle on the 200 kHz too narrow?

-Brian