Thanksgiving At Chaudiere - A Near North Family Getaway

solopaddler

I've had many fall fishing trips to NW Ontario and have never been cheated. Thanks for sharing yours with me.

I'm often a double dipper with Thanksgiving meals, one in October and the second in November.

Is it my computer monitor or were you boating a few blue walleyes? Maybe they were lighter colored from living on a sandy bottom.

Or maybe my eyes are tricking me.

I've had many fall fishing trips to NW Ontario and have never been cheated. Thanks for sharing yours with me.

I'm often a double dipper with Thanksgiving meals, one in October and the second in November.

Is it my computer monitor or were you boating a few blue walleyes? Maybe they were lighter colored from living on a sandy bottom.

Or maybe my eyes are tricking me.

Hi Connie! No blue walleyes but some of them were very pale, almost silvery.

Another well written report with lots of excellent photos, videos, history etc...Thanks for providing to us your complete adventure in such detail.

Thanks Steve! Yeah don't know how or why the kid caught the musky bug, but he's definitely got it! A trip to St. Clair is definitely in order!

St. Clair is really something but apparently Pigeon is ranked just as high in favour of catching musky. Maybe bring your son up around Bobcaygeon, Big Island for musky, you still get a Canadian shield setting. Their is lotsa folks on board here to help ya, if so.

Hey Mike (and other posters). Google Dokis Reserve, If memory serves me correctly there is a tab at the top to read the history of Dokis. Most surnames are either Dokis or Restoule. There is also a list of the people who were band councillors from the beginning up to present times. 90% of them are either a Dokis or Restoule. A very interesting fact in Dokis history explains how the chief sold timber rights to the Canadian Government in 1920 for $1.1 million. The chief at the time shared the interest on that money to the rest of the band members.

Another well written report with lots of excellent photos, videos, history etc...Thanks for providing to us your complete adventure in such detail.

St. Clair is really something but apparently Pigeon is ranked just as high in favour of catching musky. Maybe bring your son up around Bobcaygeon, Big Island for musky, you still get a Canadian shield setting. Their is lotsa folks on board here to help ya, if so.

Thanks Erik! You know I fished Pigeon hard for musky back in the day when that's all I did. Have been wanting to take the kid for sometime now, but I'm always too busy. That definitely has to change!

Looks like paradise close o home. I remember the French river as a you'ng child

I would love to get back there someday soon

Great report

Thanks bud

Hey Mike (and other posters). Google Dokis Reserve, If memory serves me correctly there is a tab at the top to read the history of Dokis. Most surnames are either Dokis or Restoule. There is also a list of the people who were band councillors from the beginning up to present times. 90% of them are either a Dokis or Restoule. A very interesting fact in Dokis history explains how the chief sold timber rights to the Canadian Government in 1920 for $1.1 million. The chief at the time shared the interest on that money to the rest of the band members.

Thanks for that, I'm going to have a look! I find this kind of stuff really interesting.