Who is going to pull the trigger?

Big Cliff

The one big fishing loss I noticed after 911 was access to the warm water outlets at the nuke plants.

Used to love fishing B chute up @ the Bruce in December.

We could motor the boat all the way up to the wall of the plant and run the drift all the way out into the lake.

The fishing was off the chain back in the day. :(

afaik, and this is talking with people at Darlington, is that you can fish the waters all you want but if you set even one toe on their property, then things get serious. I'd guess people have no idea what security they have hidden behind the walls. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by what I saw...

I heard Canada will now only take in Syrian refugees who are women, children or families. not single men.

Sounds like somebody is getting a little nervous about their promise.

I see this as a prioritization of who *really* needs our help so obviously women and children go to the head of the line. Families will include dads so it's not like men are being totally shut out. Just single men who probably aren't in need as much as others.

As well, CSIS and the RCMP have no problems with bringing in refugees other than how they'll be processed in a timely and secure manner.

While that sounds good in theory, it's what got us into this mess in the first place. The USA was so eager to arm Syrians against Assad, they ended up arming the people who became ISIS!

You are right about one thing though, It has to be people from the region that put boots on the ground if there is a ground assault. It has to be Muslim nations. Infidels marching on the caliphate is exactly what Islamic State wants.

That is a fair point about arming more people over there... it would also be playing into the hands of the military industrial complex.

The thing is the men in the those refugee camps should want to fight back given the chance. If they don't why should anybody?

That is a fair point about arming more people over there... it would also be playing into the hands of the military industrial complex.

The thing is the men in the those refugee camps should want to fight back given the chance. If they don't why should anybody?

They cant fight back.

The west has armed ISIS and al queda to the teeth, and funded them.

Vietnam was one thing but what do you use in the middle of the desert against rocket launchers and air cover?

Yeah, I'm a little NIMBY. I don't know where you guys are. The GTA and Hamilton are going to see a lot of the influx.

I don't think Rainy River will be a priority for ISIS to set up sleeper cells. :)

Or Yellowknife. :lol:

I think I'm pretty safe here, but I do have a safe full of guns just in case!!!! :whistling:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

​That's an understatement, they have tons of $$$ although they are using about 50% to pay their soldiers.

Current estimates are ISIS has 200,000 members. :o

They also publish a full colour glossy magazine printed in several languages.

Yeah cool hey?

I wonder how that happens with our modern technologies???

Whats its called? I think its Dabiq or something like that?

Even has pics of the bomb that brought down the russian plane

So from what I can tell is turkey is buying Assads oil(now isis controlled)

Funny

​That's an understatement, they have tons of $$$ although they are using about 50% to pay their soldiers.

Current estimates are ISIS has 200,000 members. :o

They also publish a full colour glossy magazine printed in several languages.

DRIFTER, I had previously seen estimates of 30,000 soldiers, so I was skeptical of your number. This is the first article I googled, I don't know the source from Adam, but it seems to lean closer to your number than mine:

http://warontherocks.com/2015/02/how-many-fighters-does-the-islamic-state-really-have/

This is higher than I thought, all the more reason for their neighbors to clean up their street asap. Thanks for the info.

As for their magazine, Dabiq, I've heard it is very slick and professional, and available in several languages. A small point of clarification though, it is only published online.

(The following is not directed at you DRIFTER, just a general comment)

I suppose it's different where I live than a lot of you guys "up north". I live in Markham, which as far as I know is the most multicultural city in Canada. There are things I don't like about it, mostly that I don't like big cities period. I'm not big on noise our crowds. I like the sound of the forest. Anyways, when my Son moves out (years still to go), I'll be heading to the Kawarthas or further northeast most likely. Anyways one thing I do love about it is how diverse it is. I fish with lots of guys from Trinidad, Peru, China, etc. I can get amazing sushi, Shawarma, kabobs, you name it. And I'll tell you what, there are some really pretty women here too. My Son has friends from all over the world, and he actually told me, unsolicited, that he was happy he lived in Markham or he wouldn't have met them.

It's his generation that I hope can fix the mess the world is in because I don't think ours will. These kids don't look around the classroom and see "different" people. They look around the classroom and see their own people - Canadians.

I say give them a chance to do it their way, we're not going to be around long enough to see how it turns out. It's their world now, we're just borrowing it.

Edited by Dutch01

As usual a great post^^^

We have to see how it goes however.

Those in power, want war sooner then later.

We might be fighting this battle for our children/country if we like it or not.

My oldest is 14, youngest is 5. And its amazing to see that connection they have with the world.

I work with some somolians and libyans and its awesome! Some of the beat guys ive ever met! And wow can they cook!

Whats really cool is they ask me about aboriginal culture constantly. We have alot of fun with that. I give them a word a day and they lay tobacco every morning before work starts. Really really humble and awesome people.

Yeah cool hey?

I wonder how that happens with our modern technologies???

Whats its called? I think its Dabiq or something like that?

Even has pics of the bomb that brought down the russian plane

So from what I can tell is turkey is buying Assads oil(now isis controlled)

Funny

Yes, it's called Dabiq after the town in Syria where the Armageddon is supposed to take place according to the radical Islamic doods!!!

At least the Yanks took out over 100 tanker trucks full of ISIS oil last week. ;)

If these are the type of refugees they are letting in the country I have no problem with it at all.

Pretty sure the wee girls and 80 year old grand mother are not a security issue.

Nice to see they have family here already.

I am sure they will be great for our country.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/16-syrian-refugees-set-to-arrive-in-calgary-monday

The above is not new news the USA has a defense budget of something over 600 billions dollars per year and the companies that get these dollars employ tens of thousands of people the business of bombs/bullets and bombers is a major part of the American economy I am guessing if the world all of a sudden stopped wanting to kill each other the American economy would be in the crapper even more than it is....Christianity and the Muslim faiths have been battling each other in various ways since the beginning of time and will no doubt continue to do so and this IMHO suits certain governments just fine....military spending runs the US Economy!!!

Pass me my tinfoil hat please.... :Gonefishing:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

The new arrivals are going to be in for a shock when they find out that there kids are going to enrolled in Ontario's new sex education curriculum. I guess we can count on more protests and demands that we change to suit the beliefs of others.

And to those who believe that we should not be bombing, how would you feel if every male in your town was taken from their home and killed? That's what happened in Raqqa. The woman and girls were "spared", if you call slavery and such being spared.

Is it not also part of the Canadian values that we don't allow mass genocide to go unheeded? These terrorists kill anyone that don't follow their strict doctorate. Do just let that keep happening?

HH

Also, according to the CBC last night, Canada typically accepts 500 refugees per day, entrance into this country. In order to meet the deadline imposed by the Lieberal government, we will be accepting 1400 per day, until the end of the year.

Look for a Shawarma house in Rainey River! LOL

MB2, you guys need more cab drivers?! LMAO

HH

Edited by Headhunter