Simms Pro dry goretex gloves

landry

Are you looking to cast with these gloves? I've been looking for a good waterproof pair to cast with that provides the dexterity you need... has to fit really snug on the fingertips. I usually just bring a few pairs of work gloves, the ones with grip textured palms. They are ok to cast with, but not waterproof. Still looking for a good pair of waterproof gloves to wear casting late season...

Yes Josh. I am looking for casting gloves. I get cold hands easily.

kast extreme gloves look impressive too but I can't find any locally and ordering gloves online would be risky. They appear to be more form fitting but the Simms felt doable in the store.

If you get them, let me know how they turn out. At first glance they looked like they would be too bulky but I didn't try them on. Can't find much online in terms of reviews from casters. I have read good things about the kast gloves.

Has anyone found good warm waterproof gloves for casting?

I have a pair of Simms Skeena gloves which are neoprene type material. I can fly cast with them and you'd be able to use a spinning reel OK but they're probably a bit tacky to use with a centrepin or baitcaster.

Unless it's windy I normally use fingerless gloves and pop the Simms over the top for a bit when my fingers start to get cold

Saw Gord Pyzer do a segment on keeping hands warm while fishing.

Recommends using those chemical disposable heating packs under those wrist sweat bands that tennis players use.

Tuck in under the inside of the wrist where the blood vessels to your fingers pass by and pick up the heat.

Never tried it but sounds good.

Saw Gord Pyzer do a segment on keeping hands warm while fishing.

Recommends using those chemical disposable heating packs under those wrist sweat bands that tennis players use.

Tuck in under the inside of the wrist where the blood vessels to your fingers pass by and pick up the heat.

Never tried it but sounds good.

Along the same lines I use the ones sold as "toe warmers" inside my gloves. Adhesive backed, I stick them on the inside of my gloves in the palm and they last for hours. Much less bulky and efficient than a regular hand warmer.

As someone who fishes steelhead in sub zero temps all the time I use thick fingerless ragg wool gloves with the toe warmers stuck inside and my hands stay warm. I can't fish with full fingered gloves so that's what works best for me.

If I'm in a boat running from spot to spot in cold weather any old pair of warm gloves will suffice. When I start fishing I switch to the heated fingerless wool gloves.

i started a thread about this last year...seems no one has actually made an purchases...ive heard of the skeena gloves as well, but the price is hefty...lately ive been using some thin underarmour running gloves with heat packs on the palms...works fairly well, but itd be nice to not have to get your hands soaked every time you catch a fish.

The search for me continues as the weather continues to get colder...

I dont know about you Landry, but once my hands get cold they actually begin to go completely useless, to the point that my fingers literally stop working.

Poor circulation is a curse, and im generally a pretty healthy guy...i looked up some information about it and unfortunately its mainly just genetics.

The Skeena glove is around $50 for a pair which is reasonable as they're well made - I think the Kast ones start around $80 or so.

For sizing, I'm normally a medium in most gloves (occasionally a large) and went for a large in the Simms to give a bit of space for some air to keep warm (there's space for a hand/toe warmer in there as well) rather than having them skin tight but I'd try them before you buy if you can.

I decided to hold off on the simms gloves. May try the kasts as they get good reviews for dexterity and durability.

I sold my Kasts almost as soon as I got them. Great gloves, but you aren't steelheading with them on unless you're chucking hardware, even then it would be a tough go.

I still end up going back to my Alpaca/ragwool gloves. They can get wet and still stay super warm.

I also use a set of Simms Windstopper fingerless gloves when when it's chilly but not super cold. They work well and dry out quick.

Edited by BillM

I have simms skeenas neoprene, patagonia R1 neoprene, simms wind stoppers

the simms skeenas a really grippy. But they fit small I ordered a medium should have got the large, I tore them at a seam trying to get them off.

Patagonia r1 is a nice glove but also fit small. They have more of a slik texture to the out side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byw0FNXkkY

I had the Kast Gloves and sold them cause I found them to bulky for me

The simms wind stoppers are my favourite but not water proof. I have 2 pairs of the flip over mitts. The cuff has a little pocket to hold a hand warmer. I like that I can flip the top over three of my fingers and poke my index finger out to hold the line on my spinning rods in winter

I'm going to order the simms pro dry I think next to use while driving the boat.

The favourite thing I have in my boat is a Lil buddy heater under the console I can dry my wet hands and then stick them in the windstopper gloves and get back to fishing.

Edited by Bondar

I have a "muff" that straps to my waist similar to ones you see the football players use. Inside the muff I have 2 metal Zippo hand warmers that you fill with zippo fluid, light them, & they produce heat for 6 hours. Awesome! I purchased the muff from BPS, the metal hand warmers from Grimsby Tackle.

I have simms skeenas neoprene, patagonia R1 neoprene, simms wind stoppers

the simms skeenas a really grippy. But they fit small I ordered a medium should have got the large, I tore them at a seam trying to get them off.

Patagonia r1 is a nice glove but also fit small. They have more of a slik texture to the out side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byw0FNXkkY

I had the Kast Gloves and sold them cause I found them to bulky for me

The simms wind stoppers are my favourite but not water proof. I have 2 pairs of the flip over mitts. The cuff has a little pocket to hold a hand warmer. I like that I can flip the top over three of my fingers and poke my index finger out to hold the line on my spinning rods in winter

I'm going to order the simms pro dry I think next to use while driving the boat.

The favourite thing I have in my boat is a Lil buddy heater under the console I can dry my wet hands and then stick them in the windstopper gloves and get back to fishing.

Are the Kast gloves similar to say "mechanix" gloves that you get at canadian tire...ive heard some reviews that say they are somewhat similar to that...I am mostly concerned with using a spinning reel with the gloves on...is the line pinch to cast still possible with the gloves on.