Anyone seeing the Clam auger adaptor anywhere yet?

misfish

I the local big stores are getting thier christmas stuff out already ( hell-O-ween has not been here and gone yet )

Anyone seeing this adaptor anywhere? I asked Cabelas if they were bringing them in, I get ah dont know. My gawd.

9935_drill_plate_2_1000_x_1000.jpg

That's for me to know and you to find out. :tease::sarcasm:

It would seem my thoughts and theory are off. The bearing that holds the drill, allows for little to no torque. Hugging the drill in tight to the body works, but not the best. Im talking for the 8" auger here. Talking to another person that has the set up, they never had a problem the last two years. Will also help with the arthritis in my hands and wrists.

I think you've got the ability to build one!

You made those sweet adapters to attach the auger to the drill.

Git tah fabricating!!

This is why Brian is asking.

He said the version he already built is not working out the way he had hoped.

Seems the Clam version maybe has more to it than he first thought.

Cheers,

Mark

I have one of Brian's adaptors for the 6" auger and it is FANTASTIC! (Thank you Pikeslayer) I use a 20V DeWalt drill on it and can drill 8-9 holes through 30" of ice on one battery.

Now there is a lot of potential torque but I have found that if you let the auger do the work, don't push it into the ice, and clear the chips out often it works VERY well.

The six runs no sweat drill holes all day. It,s the 8 that is causing some issues. Yes I can drill 8,s all day as well, but it takes it,s toll on the drill. I wouldn't of believed it, but it does as I have the drill to prove it. Thank goodness for warranty. B)

Edited by Brian B