I have a very very stupid deja-vu question NF

misfish

Getting back on topic...

I think we all have had at some point in our lives, something which has caused us to believe a situation is repeating on us, or we have just done something for the second time.

The ones who can control this thought process are considered Clairvoyant and for those who believe in that stuff, can command a lot of money or "donations" for telling fortunes.

Odd subject.... As it is something I have experienced often lately.

That and severe anxiety...

Haven't really had these issues before, or haven't addressed them.

But they are there now. I've seen a doc regarding the anxiety, and am now taking meds to deal with it. But they don't stop the dreams.

It's the subconcience mind connecting with conscience mind.... Putting two and two together...

Still freaky as heck!

Happens more often then not now....... Sleep is difficult.

G

Odd subject.... As it is something I have experienced often lately.

That and severe anxiety...

Haven't really had these issues before, or haven't addressed them.

But they are there now. I've seen a doc regarding the anxiety, and am now taking meds to deal with it. But they don't stop the dreams.

It's the subconcience mind connecting with conscience mind.... Putting two and two together...

Still freaky as heck!

Happens more often then not now....... Sleep is difficult.

G

Careful with the meds G, been down that road and it is a hard one to get off. Better off taking yoga or meditating okay!!!

careful if you find your having increased episodes of deja vu.

that was my precursor to seizures.

they are under control now, (through seizure meds, not anxiety meds), but I know doctors love to pump anxiety meds out when dealing with deja vu.

i know my med levels are off (generally low) if I find myself have increased occurrences.

another thing to ensure you test for is liver enzyme levels (ggt levels). both anxiety and seizure meds do a number on your liver.

i truly feel for anyone who has to take both forms of meds (seizure and anxiety). I'm thankfully only one the former, but my doctor didn't give a crap, and tried to put me on both....

self medication combined with seizure meds is what works for me. but everyone is different, and have to find what works best for the individual.

see multiple doctors if you find your existing doctor is pushing seizure/anxiety meds without offering alternate forms of medication first. These meds should be used as 'last resort'.

but like G said, they often work better than other forms of self medication.

I wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy.

(Dilantin was really bad, Tegretol was much better - side effect wise).

Been since November 2006 since my last seizure....once under control, life becomes much better :)

Irony........as i just had a moment this past weekend. I get a deja-vu moment once every few years or so. But when i do, they are quite vivid.

This past instance was me driving with my nephew to hit the piers, he was telling me his work schedule for the upcoming week, i was looking at a flatbed trailer in front of us as he was telling me his work schedule, and it was as precise and accurate as could be to whatever i had thought i had experienced previously. (not sure im saying that right lol) Everything was repeatedly exactly, and i mean right down to the logo of a sticker i was looking at on the trailer. It lasted a few seconds, and then back to "real time" lol............I know this could not have actually happened before as my nephew just started his first job 2 weekd ago. Creepy!!

Its one of those things that can get you feeling a little anxious in the moment but passes quickly (thank god)

Edited by Blaque

I used to get them going through this one specific tim hortons drive through...no other locations...

it was at that drive through, after having these occur for almost a year, that I had a seizure....thank gawd I just rolled into the vehicle in front of me....

I don't like Deja Vu's.....your brain is doing stuff that it shouldn't be doing at that time....

While I was getting the right meds under control, I was wearing a portable EEG machine....it was crazy to see the change in brain activity during a deja vu.

Thanks guys for your honest input.

I see things after I have dreamt them. I have had my fair share of these da ja vu.

I had a dream this weekend that I can only hope I see in the near future. Thats all I can say about it, but it would be very positive.

Thanks again

Wait, I said that already didnt I?

Edited by Brian B