Bring it on. Snowblower ready.

captpierre

My flower beds are still beautiful and the grass is still growing 3"- 4" a week so snowblowers are the last thing on my mind, but it's a TORO so it'll go on the 1st pull when it's time....or maybe the 2nd :lol:

Mine will wait till after Halloween. Fresh oil and seafoam are on the list. Have to cut the grass here at the cottage and am not looking forward to it. Its cold, damp and windy. Once that is done, the boat needs to go for one last blast then it is getting hauled back out and getting winterized and serviced. So, there goes today....

Fired her up

For the third time during the off season.

Cliff, you'll be pleased. Changed the oil. 5w30.

Now watch. No snow ( or hard water ) this winter.

Very proud of you :clapping: ! Now just remember HIGH TEST GAS ONLY NO ETHANOL !!!!!!! Costs just pennies more a liter but it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

BTW, did you ever have any more trouble with that lawnmower? If you are done with it for this season, clean it well, (grass left on the deck will hold moisture and cause the deck to rust out), change the oil, and fill the tank with HIGH TEST :blahblah1: Next spring it will start right up again.

I Checked with CTC the other day just to be sure and they claim their high test gas does not contain any ethanol

My flower beds are still beautiful and the grass is still growing 3"- 4" a week so snowblowers are the last thing on my mind, but it's a TORO so it'll go on the 1st pull when it's time....or maybe the 2nd :lol:

Even a TORO with bad gas won't run well Lew (but you knew that already LOL). BTW I might have missed it but did you ever get the electrical problem with your lawn tractor sorted out?

Now just remember HIGH TEST GAS ONLY NO ETHANOL !!!!!!! Costs just pennies more a liter but it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

I bought a new TORO self propelled mower this summer and it specifies right in the owners manual to use high test only. I now use it in all my lawn & snow equipment.

Even a TORO with bad gas won't run well Lew (but you knew that already LOL). BTW I might have missed it but did you ever get the electrical problem with your lawn tractor sorted out?

We were posting at the same time Cliff.

I just leave the battery disconnected when not using it Cliff and it holds the charge fine.

It's only a spare tractor that I removed the mower deck from and only use it for pulling a cart around when I'm moving heavier stuff.

We were posting at the same time Cliff.

I just leave the battery disconnected when not using it Cliff and it holds the charge fine.

It's only a spare tractor that I removed the mower deck from and only use it for pulling a cart around when I'm moving heavier stuff.

You might still want to get it looked at Lew, it sounds like your charging system is working fine but there is still something drawing power when the engine is shut off which means it is probably drawing power when the engine is running too. If it is a wire shorting out somewhere it "could" cause bigger problems down the road. Perhaps next spring if you like I'll bring Sue for a drive and drop by. It would probably take me 15 minutes or less to figure out what is going on.

Edited by Big Cliff

You might still want to get it looked at Lew, it sounds like your charging system is working fine but there is still something drawing power when the engine is shut off which means it is probably drawing power when the engine is running too. If it is a wire shorting out somewhere it "could" cause bigger problems down the road. Perhaps next spring if you like I'll bring Sue for a drive and drop by. It would probably take me 15 minutes or less to figure out what is going on.

Sounds like a great plan Cliff & thanks, my coffee pots always on.

Thanks Cliff.

Yup. All my engines get Shell super and stabilizer end of year.

My only problem child is the Stihl trimmer. Bugger to start no matter what I do.

Likely the spark arrestor is plugged. Drop by with it one day, takes about 2 minutes to fix, a lot of them have that problem (and/or they just start to loose power or won't come up to full RPM) Very easy fix. Lets hope that is the problem because another reason could be low compression (not such an easy fix) but my first guess would be the first one.

Edited by Big Cliff

quick question for the masses. Looking to get a thrower and wondering if there's a major advantage to the 3 stage over the 2 stage throwers ? Also anyone have experience with Yard Machine or Yard Man ? If I had spare coin, would get a Honda, Toro or Ariens ;) Looking to spend no more than $1000 for use at the cabin so will not see too much use but it will have to giv'r when I do use it.

thanks

Personally I would stay away from the three stage and go with the tried and true two stage. I really think the three stage is a gimic and I can guarantee that they are going to cost a lot more for repairs when the time comes. Yard Machine, Yard Man, Poulin, will all give you years of flawless service if you just maintain them properly. Toro ,Ariens Husqvarna aren't the quality they use to be, they have had to cut corners just to stay compeditive. I am not saying there is anything wrong with them !!!!! Unless you maintain them they will not last either!

Watch for deals at CTC, TSC, Home Depot...... Figure out what size you need for the job you have and buy one that is desigined to handle it.

Woodenboater, all we used back in Barrie was our MTD two stage 10 hp, did the job well, and still does up here, not as much snow mind u but colder, we used to blow out some driveways at Base Borden with the same machine

Interesting to hear some comments on a 3 stage, electric start is also a bonus

Likely the spark arrestor is plugged. Drop by with it one day, takes about 2 minutes to fix, a lot of them have that problem (and/or they just start to loose power or won't come up to full RPM) Very easy fix. Lets hope that is the problem because another reason could be low compression (not such an easy fix) but my first guess would be the first one.

Thanks Cliff

And all along I was blaming the trimmer on PMS.

Will take u up on a peak at some point.

Thanks again. Mower is hummin. ?