Boaters Card

darsky

I remember way back when the mandetory card was first implemented. If the card was lost they would not issue replacements and you would have to pay and pass it online again. Is that still the case? Has anyone gone through this process?

Depends on who you got it from, some early outfits didn't keep a registry. My card from CPS is printed on a laminated card so when the laminate comes off so does the print so its history. I carry a copy of my cps diploma. If you know where you got it they should be able to replace it for around $15.

I remember way back when the mandetory card was first implemented. If the card was lost they would not issue replacements and you would have to pay and pass it online again. Is that still the case? Has anyone gone through this process?

you can always get a replacement

and if you still have the old paper one call up who did your test and get a new one because they are credit card type now

I have wondered the same thing over the years but now I know . I have always kept my original at home in a "safe place" and have photo copies that I

carry with me . Wonder if the photo copied card in paper form is even valid ?

They ask to see the card before they ask for a fishing licence, for sure. I still keep my original temp card with my Passport if I loose mine. I should be able to show that until a replacement comes. How I can loose it in the boat who knows but I know I will someday, 100% guaranteed.

Edited by Old Ironmaker