DONT COME TO BARRIE FOR BOATING THIS WEEKEND.

misfish

Once again we have Kempenfest and they like to take away all the boating fun out of it. Tiffen launch is closed. Yup, huge parking area for trucks/cars and trailers, but lets put some art crap , stuff in there instead. The marina launch is open, but good luck trying to park your rig anywhere after you launch.. That lot is a midway. And to add to that, it,s $10 to launch and still another $15 to park on the side of the road. Thats if you find a spot . With all the new road building at the water front, parking is atleast 1/2 gone right now compared to last.

Watched 2 guys yelling at the lone gaurd guy at the entrance of the tiffen launch. Felt sorry for the poor fella. It,s not his fault. Told the two other guys, take your complaints to the city. They just yelled some more about that. LMAO Also told the guard guy, ask for a different post cuz your going to hear this allllllll weekend.

Above in effect til the end of the long weekend.

Edited by Brian B

Good advice Brian, don't miss those days at Tiffin at all esp during Kempenfest, Used to go up to Gravenhurst :Gonefishing: when the artsy stuff came to town. :whistling:

John

The Tiffen launch has change huge since you left here. There is parking for about 30 or so rigs. The launch it,s self is still crap..

:wallbash: yup full on citiot invasion is on full blast in cottage countrycops are out too harassing everyone :asshat: and traffic is crazy,one more long weekend after this and it will be over for another year.....the lakes will be insane as usual too living in cottage country sure sucks on the long weekends .....fun wow...lol :blink::ph34r::glare:

I know kempenfest is a big deal for lots of people but it's a no-go for me.

What's wrong with the ramp B? I've only had issues with users.

It needs to be wider and have docks so people get their boats out of the way for others to get in and out.

BTW

Have you heard what they want to do over on the north shore? Line of docks from heritage to hooters. I can see lots of damage from east winds.

I know it is a pain but we all need to share the waterfront with non fishermen. Their taxes go towards public facilities too. If it's not public business owners will make their money anyway they can, and will.

It,s not a pain to me Johnny. All I am saying is, they have taken away one large launch area with lots of parking. Keep one open with very little to no parking. To add, those coming up for this fest, they will be looking far and wide for a parking place. I,ll bet those that are here for the arts, they will be more pissed then those looking to launch a boat.

Barrie is so fubar down at the water front. Trying to be a wasaga they are not.

Edited by Brian B

I took a piece off the back end of my boat on that end. Hate when I have to load on that side, as the angle throws everything off.

Yes, and sorry for what happened to your boat, we used to call it close encounters of the third kind, its just to bad that the city had not had a longer term vision so as to accomadate a dedicated boat ramp facility, that could work in conjunction with the many other waterfront activities the city host throughout the summer