Highlight pics of working on at Windsor and Beteau on Attawapiskat

emjay88

I spent about 5 weeks working up north this spring and summer at Windsor Lake and Beteau on the Attawapiskat River. Guiding, cooking, maintenance etc. This was the 4th year I have been travelling here and it never fails to surprise with the fishing and wildlife. This year seemed to be very special, with guests landing countless 40" plus pike, huge walleye, but the wildlife you see here on a daily basis is truly special. I was fortunate enough to have my girlfriend and one of my best friends visit last week as well as Eddie's wife for a truly memorable week. As for the wildlife, we saw bald eagles, golden eagles, a moose cow and her 2 calves in the same place almost daily, wolves, osprey, bears, snakes, and of course the camp pet "Jack" the groundhog. Getting a photo of this elusive wolf was great. I found his tracks one morning at the end of the beach and decided to set up a trail cam and got lucky with a few shots. We also howled back and forth together for a few nights which was a cool experience. I'm used to seeing bald eagles but this was the first time I've seen a golden up close. This bird was massive to say the least, at least a 6' wingspan if not more and I found it's nest which was the size of a volkswagen. One of the highlights was also learning how and where to target big sturgeon on the rod at the end of my last week. I wish I had more time with these tactics as I'm sure I could have landed 3-4 a day. Always next time though. Hope you enjoy the pics, it will take a few posts to get them all in.

Tight lines,

Matt

Attawapiskat 060.jpg

Attawapiskat 017.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

Attawapiskat 009.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg

Attawapiskat 011.jpg

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Attawapiskat 014.jpg