CN rant NF

manitoubass2

So today a train derails.

"Unnamed chemicals" in the cars damaged.

Local towns being evacuated now, possibly others in the next few hours.

Release the info so we know what it is

"A 1km radius is safe"

Oh yeah, how do you know that CN if it's "unnamed chemicals"?

Release the info tools, you can't transport chemicals without identification for crying out loud.

Unreal

Call the Ministry Of the Environment, they should have all the information you need, they would have to be called in for any kind of a chemical spill. If you are still having a problem after trying that, let me know, a close friend is an enforcement officer for them and she might be able to help.

Phone me if you need to: Cell 705-928-8899

Canutec, ministry of environment, ministry of labor, environment Canada, MNR, transport Canada, all agencies that might have info. They may also stay tight-lipped based on my experience will large spills.

wasn't there just a law passed stating that the rail companies had to inform the township/municipality when they carry hazardous materials through? Get your council or whatever your local government is, to request and share that information, for now and the future.

Rick in situations like this they have often shown to be very slow in advising the public of what is going on, not every time but many, obviously you are concerned for your loved ones and their well being, take Big Cliffs advice, if this happened in the GTA for example things would be different

Well apperently the highway is back open But local evac is still on.

Just to clarify I am not in the evac zone im about 15 minutes away, BUT this spill is 3 minutes away from my family in RRFN and right in my friends town in Barwick.

Obviously I am concerned because these are "oil style" cars, look at the pic. It oil/gas or a chemical.

I will be making more phone calls today after getting even more upset after this post.

We were having a fire and at about 11pm emergency equipment started coming through WITHOUT SETTING OFF the gates at the railway/road crossing in front of our house!

That could easily kill people as that crossway sees a fair bit of traffic, especially when the road closure re routed traffic down that road!

Edited by manitoubass2

Thanks for trying!

Darn I wish I could share the videos

One thing strikes me as very odd.

Now they are saying its a soy based diesel fuel(thats combustable not flammable)

But in my work with diesel, why can we not smell it?

Diesel has a heavy odour in my experience

Anyhow, disaster for sure. But im sure glad it doesnt contain H2S or it isnt chlorine or something like that

The crash was last night and the fire started this afternoon? Seems odd.

I may be wrong, but I thought diesel was hard to ignite. It does look like heavy smoke from diesel though.

Even if CN released info, I still wouldn't trust they were telling the truth or the whole story.

The crash was last night and the fire started this afternoon? Seems odd.

I may be wrong, but I thought diesel was hard to ignite. It does look like heavy smoke from diesel though.

Even if CN released info, I still wouldn't trust they were telling the truth or the whole story.

Exactly where I stand on this Chris

its not butane. I can assure you of that, because the rail car is still where it fell of the tracks instead of 1/2 a km away. Looking at the smoke - incomplete combustion of a petro-chemical. Not in any way making any kind of assumption or accusation - and Chad is much better qualified than I to pass comment - but I cant help but wonder what the implications are financially between a spill that has "burned off" compared to one that leaks into a watershed? The delay in fire as compared to time of impact does make one wonder?

Funny how a few decades ago Mississauga got recognized and recieved international accolades for being proactive in a evacuation over a spill and everyone won, yet now the response to these situations doesn't follow this model?

Hope everything is Ok for you and your family Rick.

The train derailment was at 5pm yesterday.

It was not on fire until today around 1130 ish

Looks very fishy(nf) to me.

Local fire fighting volunteers told it was diesel and a controlled burn and all was safe.

The fire is now out as im told by residents.

No clue as to what the damage is