Well, it has taken a year but I am finally saying GOODBY to BELL

Big Cliff

This past weekend I got an email from Bell with a transaction number, only thing was, I hadn't made any changes to our satalite TV package so I called them. A very nice young lady explained that this was a special promotion and they were going to be giving me a discount of $5.00 a month of my TV package.

Wow, I thought, I already get $10.00 special promotion, now they are going to give me $15.00 a month off. NOT! The $10.00 promotion would no longer be in effect so they really just raised my cost by another $5.00 a month (sneeky "insert not a nice word here") and tried to make it look like they were doing me a favor.

So I called my IP and talked to them about their TV package, as some of you might remember I was going to change over last year but there was some glitch and they couldn't provide me with the TV package. Well, now they can, it's a far better package than Bell offers and for less money. As of July 17 Bell will no longet be attached to my house in any way.

It felt so good to be able to call Bell back and tell them to disconnect then listen to them try to squirm with promisses of better packages and better prices; how stupid can they be, if they offered good packages at fair prices then they wouldn't be loosing customers but they have to try to stick it to you every chance they get.

Soon to be available to a good home; 2 Bell dishes, a PVR, and 2 receivers. :)

I have internet with them Cliff. Thats it. Everything else comes from a small black box. Paid for it,self alreay. Sure I dont get all the over charged stations, but were happy with just a internet bill.

Hey Brian you don't even need Bell for internet. Give Start.ca a try. Rock solid and way better pricing. Bell is always trying sneaky stuff like this. Enough is enough.

Cheers

That's all Big Cliff? Bell TV. Good because for some reason I thought you were going to say you had a dog named Bell and had to out him or her down.

I would love to put Bell TV down but when I called to cancel and them and go with Shaw they matched Shaws promotion and gave me the same 10 bucks a month off for customer loyalty. Friends went with Shaw in the winter and once their sign up promo was over it's almost the same as Bells price less the package reduction because they had Bell landline. I think we are the only people I know that still have a land line. I'll join the 21st century some day. Looked at my cell phone bill last week, total usage was 21 minutes and zero texts, if I knew how to text I might try it. I actually know how just won't. And I have something I carry around that is called a camera, "What a Dinosaur you are Uncle Johnny" is what the kids are always saying.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I parted with Bell after a sales girl in their store told me I only had a couple of months on my cell contract...turns out she was wrong and I owed a couple of hundred bucks after I cancelled my contract... bye bye..

Bell is the devil and can rot in hxxl...that being said all tv providers lack in customer service...cogeco was to install their new tivo at our place this past Saturday, waited all day 8:30-5pm they could show, 4:30 they called the service tech left sick (riiigght!) so they promise to come tonight from 5-8pm, I stay back miss my kids tball game and guess what, 9:54pm they still not here, at 7:50pm they called and said the tech was at another job running late but will be coming still...well as of 9pm we made our mind up even if they came (not holding breath) they weren't installing jack tonight! They will be getting an earful tomorrow, wasted 1.5 days of my time in the past 3 days.

Sorry for the post hijack Cliff :) I'll vent about this more on our trip down in August lol!

I love all the hate posts ;) I hope people learn there is a "promo price" to offset the cost of set up and then the regular rate right? After 3 months the company you sign with does not jack the price, the 3 month discount is to offset the install cost. Simple math if you ask me... Save $xx for 3 months to pay $50 to install. The rate is the rate for xyz service based on your needs and what is available. So if you happen to move to a building (not BC but all reading) and your building is locked into a contract with 1 and only 1 provider then guess what, bend over and relax as best you can...